DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting paid to fly

Cdterepai

Reactions
Was trying to find what I would need to start a drone business, i was looking at doing some snap shots for real estates to start off, ekhart do most drone flyers charge? and what do you need in place to start (CASA license etc)? Or can I do it on the side for some extra cash

Reactions: mereflyer
At the very least you would need to apply to CASA for an ARN. Then notify them of your intent to fly for commercial gain. (under 2kg RPA)
You would need to abide by CASR 101 rules.
Real estate can be hard because of the 30 mtr rule.
New rules are coming where by you will need to be registered and pass a questionairre, also pay a fee for each drone you own.

At the very least you would need to apply to CASA for an ARN. Then notify them of your intent to fly for commercial gain. (under 2kg RPA)
You would need to abide by CASR 101 rules.
Real estate can be hard because of the 30 mtr rule.
New rules are coming where by you will need to be registered and pass a questionairre, also pay a fee for each drone you own.
ARN is that a drone license? I thought the 30mt role only applied to if you didnt have your drone license

ARN is that a drone license? I thought the 30mt role only applied to if you didnt have your drone license
You have a bit of homework to do before getting too adventurous.
what do you need in place to start (CASA license etc)? Or can I do it on the side for some extra cash
Here's a good place to start:
Flying drones commercially
and
Commercial unmanned flight - remotely piloted aircraft under 2kg

After you understand the rules, you'll need a portfolio of examples of your work to show around.
Try asking local real estate agents if they are likely to be needing a new drone photographer.

Was trying to find what I would need to start a drone business
The most important thing and probably the hardest to get is customers that are wanting to pay you.
Since drones are so cheap and easy to fly, real estate agents do it themselves or their interior photo guys now have a drone and do any aerials together with the rest of the photography.
Real Estate hasn't been viable for two years now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU