DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting past security In israel

murad00

Reactions
I will be going there this summer and know security is very strict in the airport once I land any suggestions or recommendations to make things easier once there also any advice at checkpoints on the way out of the airport

Put it in a blender box, I do it all the time.
Or wait, I don't go to Israel.
Guess that does not help.
Maybe fly it to the other side of the checkpoint?

Put it in a blender box, I do it all the time.
Or wait, I don't go to Israel.
Guess that does not help.
Maybe fly it to the other side of the checkpoint?

I’m worried about airport security confiscating it or hassling me a lot

Hello,
Did you make it to airport security okay? And How was your check in when you’re flying back? Was it a hassle? I want to find out whether I can take my Mavic Air to Israel for photo/videos. I am heading there next week!

Thanks!

Send Tom at Tom’s Tech Time(YouTube) a message and ask for his personal experiences since he has flown there at least a couple of times. He is open in his videos of his experiences, but I don’t remember him ever talking about airport problems.

In my experience flying into TLV, it is easy clearing security coming in, I have never had my bags checked. It is a PITA when you leave. But, I suspect they won't care about your drone, that much, when leaving.

What did you mean by PITA?

And thanks for letting me know! :)

Huge long lines when checking-in that all people go through, and each time my bags are completely turned inside out and searched. So, a real pain when leaving (which is odd in itself, why so easy coming in but so hard leaving?), takes a ton of time. But, in these searches they aren't looking for drones, so I wouldn't expect the drone to be an issue.

hi guys,

so how did it go? i'm looking for any and all personal experiences which you care to share, since i'm planning to bring my drone with me there this november. i found this:
Drone Laws in Israel | UAV Coach (2018)
and although i have some israeli friends who are kind enough to help me with handling this, it's still seems like too much of a hassle, and a bit risky. and since i have some experience when it comes to israeli border control in general, i'm reluctant to take any risks...

thanks for any advice in advance!

Did you visit Israel yet? How did it go with your drone?
Yes, I have been there at the beginning of August. I registered with a local aeroclub paying a small fee. No issues at all at the borders and while flying. Flying in the desert has a bit challenging for my iPhone… but Israel is a fantastic place to fly.

• Love
Reactions: Amit Dunsky
Yes, I have been there at the beginning of August. I registered with a local aeroclub paying a small fee. No issues at all at the borders and while flying. Flying in the desert has a bit challenging for my iPhone… but Israel is a fantastic place to fly.
Glad you enjoyed. I couldn't agree more :)

Here is a short video taken in the desert.
Qumran 2022
Enjoy!
Great video.
I am quite familiar with Qumran ever since my childhood...
It's a little bit too late now, but you should know it is a no fly zone for drones. I'm surprised the park rangers did not make contact with you. :)

Oh my gosh! I checked here איזורים אסורים לטיס - No Fly Zones - Google My Maps, and could not find any warning…
May I get back there (and it could be), do you have any hint on where to check for no fly zones?
Yes, I know that map, but it isn't up to date. You should check the map in the link here (last updated Aug. 1st). Generally speaking, all national parks in Israel requires minimum flying height of 500 feet. However, drones are not permitted to fly above 165 feet (50 m), so practically, this means no drones are allowed in national parks and nature reserves, with the exception of commercial drone flights, which requires a whole other level of logistics.

I also recommend not to fly at the Golan Heights in close proximity to the borders, to avoid your drone falling victim to GPS reception interference systems being operated there by special forces.

So, If you're planning on visiting Israel again, you're welcome to contact me, and I'll be happy to show you places where you can fly with no problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242