DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting rid of the "High altitude. Fly with caution' warning sticker

rotohead

Premium Pilot
Reactions
New to the Mini 3 Pro and have looked for a way to delete that High altitude warning sticker on the controller. I know where I'm at and never going to be at sea level much when flying this drone so this is a very annoying thing on my screen. Any ideas?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Torque
New to the Mini 3 Pro and have looked for a way to delete that High altitude warning sticker on the controller. I know where I'm at and never going to be at sea level much when flying this drone so this is a very annoying thing on my screen. Any ideas?

It doesn't have anything to do with altitude above sea level.

FAA regulations prohibit flying more than 400 feet above ground level directly below the drone. Since the drone is unable to measure its altitude above the ground, the DJI Fly App uses the takeoff location as the reference and warns you when you're about 393 feet above your takeoff point.

I know of no way to remove the warning.

It doesn't have anything to do with altitude above sea level.

FAA regulations prohibit flying more than 400 feet above ground level directly below the drone. Since the drone is unable to measure its altitude above the ground, the DJI Fly App uses the takeoff location as the reference and warns you when you're about 393 feet above your takeoff point.

I know of no way to remove the warning.
I know about the 400' limit. This warning is on from the minute the drone is ready to fly and on a a 2ft hover.

That's another matter entirely.

Does it persist after you have GPS satellite lock and a home point established?
Yes, I've reset the Max alt, RTH alt and other settings. Where I live and fly I've always had good satellite aquisition (even on my Spark) and yes the warning is on after establishing (re-establishing) HP. In other words it's on (been on) all time. I thought maybe it was part of the flying tips switch in the profile settings but that isn't it either. Thanks for the help.

It's also listed in the 'pre-flight check list' and curiously has a 'code 30311' attached to it.

Reactions: Torque
Well I did a IMU calibration and so far, after a couple short flights the warning is gone! Time will tell if that is a real fix. Can't do any more flying until tomorrow so I will see and post my findings.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum! Glad you got it sorted

Couldn't help myself before going out to a family obligation so made another flight and it isn't a IMU calibration issue. I changed between my standard battery and + and it only shows with the + battery. I've got no idea about it at this point other then calling DJI.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
I'm a old retired helicopter pilot and any warning light just sends me into a hyper stressed condition that bugs me beyond the enjoyment of flying and ruins it for me. I've got to find a way to fix this or I could do damage to a controller or me or both.

Really odd.
The max flight ceiling is supposedly 4000m (13,120') with the mini 3 std battery, and 3000m (9,840') with the Plus battery.
Reno itself is only at 1370m (1450').

Something is wrong for sure and DJI should be able to sort it out.
They will probably want the TXT flight log, and that's something you could post here too (or the phantomhelp report link) if you wanted someone to take a look.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Really odd.
The max flight ceiling is supposedly 4000m (13,120') with the mini 3 std battery, and 3000m (9,840') with the Plus battery.
Reno itself is only at 1370m (1450').

Something is wrong for sure and DJI should be able to sort it out.
They will probably want the TXT flight log, and that's something you could post here too (or the phantomhelp report link) if you wanted someone to take a look.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
How do I access that txt log?

See the bold link in my post above.

Still way below what's called max flight ceiling.
Struggling with this a bit. I've got to put my phone down at dinner before my family cuts my fingers off. I'll try to concenrate more tomorrow and see what I can make of this. I'm not a idiot when it comes to tech at 73 years old but I'm not sure I can do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I'm a old retired helicopter pilot and any warning light just sends me into a hyper stressed condition that bugs me beyond the enjoyment of flying and ruins it for me. I've got to find a way to fix this or I could do damage to a controller or me or both.
Would love to see a fix for this as well
If you do solve the mystery please let us know

It's AGL (Above Ground Level) not altitude!

I don't have the answer, but I sure hope there is one!

I live in Carson City, and I get exactly that warning every time I fire up the Mini-1, and it stays there for the duration of the flight. Curiously, the Mini-2s don't do it, the Mini-SE doesn't do it, and the FPV doesn't do it.

I'm surprised to see it come back in the Mini-3. I guess I just assumed it was an annoying "feature", that got rightly deleted. Maybe not.

I usually fly from an elevation of just about a mile MSL.

I'm a fixed wing airplane pilot, and I don't like stray warning lights either.

Has anybody else seen this on the Mini-3? You probably won't unless you're flying above 4500 ft MSL.

See the bold link in my post above.

Still way below what's called max flight ceiling.
It's not a max flight ceiling issue.

Above some MSL altitude, it complains. And never stops complaining.

I thought it was just a Mini-1 issue, but obviously not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada