DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting rid on Mapbox Green for Warning Zone?

parkgt

Reactions
I live in an Warning Zone or an Enhanced Warning Zone and of course the Map Box is "greened out" making it difficult to view the area. There are actually several overlapping in the area, some listed as MOA. The area is southeast of Fort Smith, AR.

Pre-flight I do not get any onscreen warnings or check boxes. I get the Ready to Go and can start motors but have not actually tried to lift off.

Things I have tried WITHOUT success to get rid of the "green out".

Selected "Ignore" for all choices.
Selected "Warnings Prompts" for all choices.
Selected " Warnings Zones and Prompts" for all choices.

Deleted Go4 app and reinstalled.
Refreshed Drone and Controller to latest firmware.
Updated the Safe flying Data bases; the Go4 app shows all "Currently latest version"

The DJI Fly Safe site does not offer an option to unlock these zones since you shouldn't have to.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the green in mapbox?

Thanks.

Same problem here although only one layer.
It must be grim with two or more.
In our case the warning is a huge area which is occasionally used for military jet training, you can cancel the pop up warning boxes but the map is covered in about 50% opacity green making it hard to see properly.

This reminds me of why with previous Mavic I went back one app version and never updated again!

Hello from France,

An Android solution that works for me (2 different smartphones easily modified with success)

1 You have to use a rooted mobile to be able to rename or remove files. It's not so hard to root today, just use an up to date tuto !

2 Install root browser from Google Play

3 If not up to date, update your flysafe areas (DJIGo4 should ask for this update if needed)

4 Rename data/data/dji.go.v4/files/flysafe folder, as you want - I used ffflysafe

5 Rename the flysafe_areas_djigo(confumix or not).db file in data/data/dji.go.v4/databases

6 Remove the DJI folder in storage/emulated/0 (this folder is not protected and you do not need root access !)

7 Start your rc, drone, mobile.
Djigo4 will ask you to update the flysafe areas, simply cancel the request.

8 Enjoy

Before
avant.jpg

After
apres.jpg

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member