DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Ghost Ship, Haunted & Abandoned Ships - NY NJ Boat Graveyards

veryzebra

Reactions
Ghost ship afloat but hidden via South River in Sayreville NJ. Boat Graveyards near Staten Island on the Arthur Kill and also in Bayonne on the Kill Van Kull. Some say they're haunted or just creepy or weird, but they are abandoned and decaying while most of them are available to see out in the open

Ghost ship afloat but hidden
WOW, I'm kind of lost for words, it's freaky, even creepy, and you choice of music really sets the tone. It's wonder that you have not been tapped to sell your video for insertion into a horror movie. Just in case my words are confusing, your Video was GREAT!!! I watched it twice and saved the link in YouTube to view again, there is so much to see!

I grew up in Up State NY, so I know the term "Kill," for everyone one else, the Dutch settled a lot of the NY/NJ area and their names have stuck around. The Dutch word "Kill" refers to stream, creek, small river, etc…

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Ghost ship afloat but hidden via South River in Sayreville NJ. Boat Graveyards near Staten Island on the Arthur Kill and also in Bayonne on the Kill Van Kull. Some say they're haunted or just creepy or weird, but they are abandoned and decaying while most of them are available to see out in the open

I agree, great video and that type of environment freaks me out. Sure I’ll hear that music in my dreams now 😀

Reactions: LoudThunder
Hi veryzebra,
holy smoke, that looks mega exciting with all the wrecks rusting away! Very interesting video with a not everyday subject! The fish are certainly happy, because they find plenty of good hiding places 😉
cheers Paul

Thank you all for the feedback. I wasn't thrilled with some of the footage but think the video part came out ok. I knew that had to be the exact soundtrack to go with it for the true eerie feeling. There are many stories of folks going out at night to scavenge some of those ships and legends about some of those people never coming back. Legends live on I suppose. You just never know what you'll find in Jersey or around it.

Brilliant, thanks for sharing , cheers Len

I have seen a video on YouTube where a couple of guys went on the motor yacht in the small creek and did a complete tour of all the areas they could get to. Great video, sorry to see all those tugs, ferries and barges falling apart and not salvaged though.

I found the link for that video:

Great video! I remember way back in the day riding up and down the Kill Van Kull and talking to some of the captains and pilots. I don't recall the exact vessels that are there decaying away, but I do remember them saying that many of the vessels have a very interesting history.

Great video! I remember way back in the day riding up and down the Kill Van Kull and talking to some of the captains and pilots. I don't recall the exact vessels that are there decaying away, but I do remember them saying that many of the vessels have a very interesting history.
Some are ex-military including a refueler from the nuclear testing at the bikini atoll, a sub chaser from WWII, .... the one is Abram S. Hewitt which was at the sinking of the General Slocum when 1000 people died. A few movies have included some footage as well. Super interesting area for sure.

Nice video, great subject matter and the spooky music was a nice touch. My only suggestion would be to slow down the speed of the orbit shots a bit, they were too fast and didn't quite fit the pace of the other footage.

Nice video, great subject matter and the spooky music was a nice touch. My only suggestion would be to slow down the speed of the orbit shots a bit, they were too fast and didn't quite fit the pace of the other footage.
Thanks and yes, completely agree on the speed. Thanks for the feedback.

Local news station picked up on this and ran with part of it which was pretty cool. Drove a lot of volume and I got a ton of messages. You would think there is plenty of other things to report on lol.

You would think there is plenty of other things to report on
Oh, you are right, there is plenty of other things to report on, but I for one and **** tired of all the political infighting, the various wars, the border swarms, crime, and all the news that is intended to scare the BeJezzes out of us…

While your video gave us a few minutes of peace and serenity…

Once again, thank you for posting it!

PS: just in case you did not see this video, posted by another member, it was great also, but much different reasons...

Oh, you are right, there is plenty of other things to report on, but I for one and **** tired of all the political infighting, the various wars, the border swarms, crime, and all the news that is intended to scare the BeJezzes out of us…

While your video gave us a few minutes of peace and serenity…

Once again, thank you for posting it!

PS: just in case you did not see this video, posted by another member, it was great also, but much different reasons...

Thanks. Yeah, you're right. Too much negative, argue this argue that. That tunnel video is pretty cool. Love watching the creative stuff folks do. That reminds me to work on my haunted/creepy/weird segment of local stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO