DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal acting weird

Ptevee

Reactions
Gimbal on my M2Z started "flickering" up and down and just acting weird. I have to recalibrate evey flight. I noticed the filters I use (ultramaxx) are a Tad light. When drone is off, the gimbal is slightly pointed up? Anyone have gimbal issues similar?

I don’t use the ND Filters
But I had same problem
Weird acting
Even when I fly fast the lens comes down or up is that normal ? It’s like a shake and then I have to return it back to the same position

I had the same problem, calibration helped. I noticed that this happens in windy conditions. I don’t use any filters. I read somewhere that sometimes it happens when there are gusts of wind, especially this problem manifests itself in Mavic2Pro, the camera is heavier there.

Reactions: Robert.standard.530
Gimbal on my M2Z started "flickering" up and down and just acting weird. I have to recalibrate evey flight. I noticed the filters I use (ultramaxx) are a Tad light. When drone is off, the gimbal is slightly pointed up? Anyone have gimbal issues similar?
I get the same issue and it does seem to be when wind gusts are strong and i have the camera pointed down

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
I changed my ND filters to better (variable) brand. The filters I was using only weigh 1.7g, the OEM glass weighs 3.1g, the new filters also weigh 3.1g. Problem solved foe me!

Switched to Freewell variable filters and solved problem! The OEM glass weighs 3.1g, the cheap Ultimaxx filters weigh 1.7g, the Freewell variable weigh 3.1g. My problem was the filters I was using.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada