DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal angle changes after RTH

davedrone 178

Reactions
New owner of a DJI refurb Air 2s. Flies fine but when I initiate a RTH or if the drone disconnects, gimbal angle snaps to level, regardless of where it was before the RTH. Is this normal? No other of my 10 drones does this

I think gimbal goes to horizontal with RTH initiation. I never really paid attention but I think it's correct. When drone is over the home point the gimbal will go to 90 down; it's nice to watch the video feed and you can see if it's lining up to your landing pad. Just before touchdown the gimbal will go up to horizontal.

I think gimbal goes to horizontal with RTH initiation. I never really paid attention but I think it's correct. When drone is over the home point the gimbal will go to 90 down; it's nice to watch the video feed and you can see if it's lining up to your landing pad. Just before touchdown the gimbal will go up to horizontal.
I guess I explained this wrong. When the drone is far far away and it has to come home from the RTH button I push or a disconnect, the gimbal IMMEDIATELY snaps to level regardless of it's previous angle. My Mini 3, Air 2, and any Autel drone that I own does not do this

Last edited:
According to DJI, having the gimbal angle change to horizontal during a RTH is not normal behavior but it's something I can probably live with

According to DJI, having the gimbal angle change to horizontal during a RTH is not normal behavior but it's something I can probably live with
I think whoever gave this information is wrong. I have had my 2S since the end of December, it has always returned to horizontal and turned to point at the Home Point to begin RTH.

Reactions: FLDave
I think whoever gave this information is wrong. I have had my 2S since the end of December, it has always returned to horizontal and turned to point at the Home Point to begin RTH.
That makes me feel better. I wonder why the Air 2s behaves like this and not my Air 2 or Mini 3. At DJI customer support, you can ask 3 different people the same question and get three different answers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest