DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Calibration aint what it used to be

Drone on

Reactions
Hi...
Maybe I'm mistaken.

With my MP1, gimbal calibration moved the gimbal a lot...up, down, left right, kind of all over the place.
With my Zoom, the gimbal moves a little to the left, then sharply to center, then a little to the right, and that's it.

Is that normal?

The app states that the gimbal calibrated successfully, so I assume the process has changed.

What is your observation?

Hi...
Maybe I'm mistaken.

With my MP1, gimbal calibration moved the gimbal a lot...up, down, left right, kind of all over the place.
With my Zoom, the gimbal moves a little to the left, then sharply to center, then a little to the right, and that's it.

Is that normal?

The app states that the gimbal calibrated successfully, so I assume the process has changed.

What is your observation?
Never memorized the movements on my M2P.
Are you experiencing a problem?

Never memorized the movements on my M2P.
Are you experiencing a problem?
No real problem.

BTW. I didn't memorize the movement just observed it during re-calibration. I guess I was expecting MUCH more movement being that the MP1 went through a whole gymnastics routine while the MP2 Zoom barely moves.

How frequently do you calibrate your gimbal? I do it about once a month when I observe that the camera has tilted in flight without self correcting in flight. During that flight, I'll adjust the gimbal through the app then re-calibrate later.

If you have the time, please calibrate your gimbal, and let me know, if you see a lot, or little movement of the gimbal.

thanks in advance

No real problem.

BTW. I didn't memorize the movement just observed it during re-calibration. I guess I was expecting MUCH more movement being that the MP1 went through a whole gymnastics routine while the MP2 Zoom barely moves.

How frequently do you calibrate your gimbal? I do it about once a month when I observe that the camera has tilted in flight without self correcting in flight. During that flight, I'll adjust the gimbal through the app then re-calibrate later.

If you have the time, please calibrate your gimbal, and let me know, if you see a lot, or little movement of the gimbal.

thanks in advance
Once unless I notice a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest