DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal continues to move up

frcaloy

Reactions
Need help. My gimbal continues to move up even at low gimbal speeds and 25 smoothness. Already calibrated the compass and gimbal. No joy.

25 provides maximum smoothing of the gimbal pitch change. Set it to a lower value if you want a more abrupt stop after releasing the control wheel.

Mine does this sometimes, it's the controller wheel not returning to a neutral position when released. Try rotating the wheel up and down a few times before takeoff. If that doesn't fix it, just learn to manually rotate the wheel to a neutral position.

Mine does this sometimes, it's the controller wheel not returning to a neutral position when released. Try rotating the wheel up and down a few times before takeoff. If that doesn't fix it, just learn to manually rotate the wheel to a neutral position.
It's the smoothness setting, not a failure in the control wheel.

What smoothness settings do you use?
I switch to Cine mode for almost all video and photos. I slow the yaw and gimbal pitch to about 1/3 of the range and the pitch smoothness to about 2/3.

For Sport mode I've just left the yaw and pitch rates and the pitch smoothness at the defaults. I never shoot photos or video in Sport mode. For normal mode, the defaults suit me pretty well, but I boost smoothness a couple of points.

Those are just my preferences. Anyone else?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54