DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal control board issue

Xray64

Reactions
I am having an issue with gimbal control pcb board.
I have 1x working gimbal + gimbal board which I am using for testing.
I have 3x other boards that all have the same issue when I attach the known working camera to it.
These all work partly in that I can see video, but I have no control in the camera movement.
I thought I could easily swap out these boards but maybe I am mistaken because it would be unusual that they all show the same issue.
Does anyone know if these gimbal control boards need to be programmed by DJI or if I need to do something other than just plug them in.
Any help would be appreciated. I am pretty new to the forum and I know Thunderdome was the expert and I would have hit him up but he doesn’t seem to be a member any longer.
Thanks

You can still get in touch with Thunderdrones, he still is doing work. What seems to be your issue? I have a Mavic Pro camera and gimbal and boards, because I had one swapped out on my Mavic Pro. I had an issue which turned out to be the top motor of the gimbal. All the boards were working fine, the ribbon cable and the camera and the side motor on the gimbal. But that top motor on the gimbal had the problem, for some strange reason.

Everything worked but the gimbal just went slowly up and down several times and then just stayed there, every time I turned the drone on. So I had a local dealer swap out a complete system to replace mine, since I was about to head to Europe on holiday and needed my drone but did not have the time to send it for repair under warranty, to DJI. Mine's for sale if you are interested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929