DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Control While Descending

Tim3459575

Reactions
Hi, While going forward and descending at the same time is there an automatic way (rather than manual gimbal control), to keep the horizon at a relatively consistent position within the frame ? It seems to do this somewhat on it's own, but does not lift the gimbal sufficiently to maintain the horizon in the view (ie; camera pointed down to much). I could do it manually, but it wouldn't be very smooth so I'm hoping there is some auto mode for this. Any comments on this would be appreciate.

thank you, Tim

Hi, While going forward and descending at the same time is there an automatic way (rather than manual gimbal control), to keep the horizon at a relatively consistent position within the frame ? It seems to do this somewhat on it's own, but does not lift the gimbal sufficiently to maintain the horizon in the view (ie; camera pointed down to much). I could do it manually, but it wouldn't be very smooth so I'm hoping there is some auto mode for this. Any comments on this would be appreciate.

thank you, Tim
I totally agree. I desire some more features from DJI and your suggestion is one of them.
But in the meantime, if I were you I'd use waypoints for that job.

I totally agree. I desire some more features from DJI and your suggestion is one of them.
But in the meantime, if I were you I'd use waypoints for that job.
How would waypoints do it?

Gimbal changes position on its own during landing only when it is just about to touch down. This is to protect the gimbal from hitting the ground, as there's not much clearance.

Reactions: PS01
There are a few intelligent flight modes where you lock something to track by touching it or drawing a square around it on the screen. But it's usually an object that the visual system can detect. Asking it to detect the horizon is probably too much, but you can try it. More than one mode can track, so it's time to spill through your manual again to see which one will also do the flight pattern you want.

But really, I think this is something were you just have to get better with gimbal control. Have you see the videos / threads that talk about changing your DJI Go 4 settings for more cinematic panning and gimbal configurations? Settings that slow the action down and small out the starts / stops, etc.?

Chris

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7