DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Cover Hack?

chris1dj

Reactions
Hi All,

New hear and still fairly new to drones - had a P4P for a while but hardly used it and sold it to get the M2P.

So, my biggest and only gripe so far with the 2 Pro is how awkward it is to put the camera/gimbal protector back on.

This morning I had an idea - I carefully pulled the camera clamp out of the main dome cover and this makes the whole process of attaching/removal much quicker and easier. The camera/gimbal can hardly move within the cover so theres still appears to be a good degree of protection. I also worry that I'll actually damage the gimbal at some point with that awkward clamp!

Just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on this - Im reluctant to take it out until I've had some second opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Former Member
If you’re going to leave it stored on a shelf and simply trying to protect it from an occasional bump I’d you are fine however if you were going to transport it, I would want as much protection as possible. The cover lacks rearward mobility protection So in my opinion, it needs protection added not removed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato