DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal cover on Air 2S is terrible

BobbyLashley

Reactions
Too small. Blows my mind that after all these drones, DJI still can't make a good gimbal cover that isn't cumbersome and doesn't risk damaging the gimbal. Because the Air 2S has a bigger camera, the current cover is too small. I don't know what the trick is but it's like trying to master a project just to do this quickly and effortlessly.

Don’t know what you’re on about, mate, this is the best gimbal cover I used, significantly easier to put on even compared to the normal Air 2. Exactly what problem do you have with it?

Reactions: AnsibleMedia
I agree! It seems to be difficult most of the time. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do it quick and easy

Don’t know what you’re on about, mate, this is the best gimbal cover I used, significantly easier to put on even compared to the normal Air 2. Exactly what problem do you have with it?

Unlike the Air 2, the camera can't centre while pointing forward prior to putting the cover on. It will drift off to a 30 degrees angle.

I find the only way to get this cover on the 2S without having this take up 10x more time it should is to have the camera pointing towards the ground first, then out the cover on. Because there is now enough clearance from the camera to the cover.

The cover is too small for this size camera. The Air 2 cover was way easier to put on because the camera always stay centered when putting the cover on.

Unlike the Air 2, the camera can't centre while pointing forward prior to putting the cover on. It will drift off to a 30 degrees angle.

I find the only way to get this cover on the 2S without having this take up 10x more time it should is to have the camera pointing towards the ground first, then out the cover on. Because there is now enough clearance from the camera to the cover.

The cover is too small for this size camera.
I stand by my point, i literally don't understand what you're talking about :) I'm centering the gimbal (looking straight ahead), hooking those little two feet of the cover under the top part of the drone and then pushing the thing in the back behind the gimbal. It's going in so much easier than it did on the MA2. I had Mavic Mini, Mavic 2 (not mine but used it frequently for a few months), MA2 and now A2S. The A2S easily has the best cover in my opinion. And the M2P the worst.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I agree! It seems to be difficult most of the time. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do it quick and easy

I did some more testing and you need to have the camera pointing towards the ground before putting the cover on. Having the camera facing forward, it doesn't stay and drifts down a bit making the cover a real nonsense to put back on because there's not enough clearance.

Example that the camera fails to stay facing forward and it drifts to an angle (unlike the Air 2), thus making the cover difficult to put on unless you have the camera facing towards the ground.

Attachments

• 20210514_073123.jpg
    20210514_073123.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 29
Example that the camera fails to stay facing forward and it drifts to an angle (unlike the Air 2), thus making the cover difficult to out on unless you have the camera facing towards the ground.
i'm normally holding the drone horizontal to the ground when doing this, maybe that's the difference?

I stand by my point, i literally don't understand what you're talking about :) I'm centering the gimbal (looking straight ahead), hooking those little two feet of the cover under the top part of the drone and then pushing the thing in the back behind the gimbal. It's going in so much easier than it did on the MA2. I had Mavic Mini, Mavic 2 (not mine but used it frequently for a few months), MA2 and now A2S. The A2S easily has the best cover in my opinion. And the M2P the worst.
And your camera stays centered when centering it? Does on my Air 2 but not 2S.

So this is what I will have to resort to doing. Point the camera towards the ground first - notice the clearance!

Attachments

• 20210514_075430.jpg
    20210514_075430.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 31
I’m not happy with the gimbal cover. It’s pretty easy to get on, but getting it off feels like I am going to rip the camera away from the aircraft. I’m careful, but I could think of so many better designs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll