DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal cover

mhonig34685

Reactions
I find it difficult to replace the gimbal cover on the Mavic Mini before putting it away. Should I push the top edge on first, or the bottom? I am afraid of breaking it by pushing too hard.

Yes poor design. What I tend to do is hold vertical with nose pointing down and this seems to help place it better and keep the gimbal square.

It's a simple design. How is it a bad design though? All you do is squeeze the lower tab and rotate it forward. That's it. Instead of rushing it, take your time and it won't be an issues.

The squeeze of the lower tab is 2 motions and they are not intuitive. I am neither rushing nor being careless

I must agree that plastic cover for gimbal is doing more damage then helping. First, you are in outdoor, field, mountain, war, desert, so its not that you have like a table to do operation of REMOVING the plastic cover. Probably 95% of us is doing that standing with mini in hands. And to do so you MUST contact gimbal. And YOU CANNOT do that like easily because plastic wont fit if you are to gentle. So actually you are hitting gimbal all the time. O, another thing. Maybe I am doing it wrong. But to transfer media to phone, you must connect phone to rc, turn on mini. All that. And off course when you turn on mini, gimbal has those some his warming ups, and you can actually see gimbal hitting that plastic.

^ take the cover off when you are transferring media, The gimbals cover should be off if the aircraft is on!

Reactions: Thomas B
You are saying right. But I am saying that is not logical to put cover down if you dont mind flying,
Its like you have a car in garage, and you need to put bag in it. So you should take car out of garage to put bag into car. and put the car back again into garage. OR! lets make bigger garage! o yes thats it

the main reason that there is a cover on at all,is because it stops the camera from moving around when the drone is not in use ,and that is why it has to be removed before powering up the drone,failure to do so can result in damage to the gimbal motors and gimbal control board

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143