DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Craziness

AdeDrone

Reactions
Hey everyone

I have the Mavic Pro Platinum
I have noticed a few times that the gimbal seems to go a bit crazy.
Eg it starts darting around and going at funny angles. Is this normal ? First time it happened I thought the drone was falling until i realized it was just the gimbal doing it.
Was after I had it in sports mode (and was flying around and changing directions reasonably quickly)
But a few times it was after take off and i hadn't done anything at all.

(On a related matter I had the video drop out at 1km, the longest distance ive ever had it from me. Is that also normal ? Was out in the country no real obvious interference sources).

Hey everyone

I have the Mavic Pro Platinum
I have noticed a few times that the gimbal seems to go a bit crazy.
Eg it starts darting around and going at funny angles. Is this normal ? First time it happened I thought the drone was falling until i realized it was just the gimbal doing it.
Was after I had it in sports mode (and was flying around and changing directions reasonably quickly)
But a few times it was after take off and i hadn't done anything at all.

(On a related matter I had the video drop out at 1km, the longest distance ive ever had it from me. Is that also normal ? Was out in the country no real obvious interference sources).
I have a MPP also. You are witnessing a gimbal reset during flight. Yes it is scary. For my Mavic, it was my SD card. I tried a 64 gig card and that’s when I got the resets every so often. So I reduced to a 16 and 32 gig card, which is plenty of room for the videos I take. The problem was solved. All my cards are the fast cards, so it wasn’t the speed.

I have a MPP also. You are witnessing a gimbal reset during flight. Yes it is scary. For my Mavic, it was my SD card. I tried a 64 gig card and that’s when I got the resets every so often. So I reduced to a 16 and 32 gig card, which is plenty of room for the videos I take. The problem was solved. All my cards are the fast cards, so it wasn’t the speed.
Any thoughts on how the size of the SD card could cause the gimbal to reset? I just experienced this same exact issue on Sunday. I have been using the 128GB fast SD card that came with my fly more package and have flown 100+ flights with it and have had this gimbal issue maybe 3 times.

Any thoughts on how the size of the SD card could cause the gimbal to reset? I just experienced this same exact issue on Sunday. I have been using the 128GB fast SD card that came with my fly more package and have flown 100+ flights with it and have had this gimbal issue maybe 3 times.
I’m not sure why this causes a problem, but I don’t believe all MPP’s experience this. It seems that I’ve heard some MP’s that work just fine.
A good experiment for me is to try the 64 gig again in my new MPP. See what happens.