DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal damage, repair costs

Reactions
Hello everyone. Yesterday I crashed my Mavic Pro, and the gimbal got damaged. The motors work, the camera captures, but it wont respond to my tilting commands, and I get that "gimbal motor overload" warning. I checked if the gimbal is in place, and it is. Anyway, I took it to my local oficial DJI store, and they said that it could be just the ribbon cable. Today I got a call from the store, and they said its not just the cable, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. The value they quoted for the gimbal replacement was 430 euros, which I thing is ridiculously high. I woul like to get people's opinion on this, did this happen to any you? How much did you pay? I find it strange that they said the whole thing needs to be replaced, when the camera works fine, for example.

I came across this page, and there are different prices to specific parts of the gimbal: 自助寄修-大疆自助服务中心

This sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. Yesterday I crashed my Mavic Pro, and the gimbal got damaged. The motors work, the camera captures, but it wont respond to my tilting commands, and I get that "gimbal motor overload" warning. I checked if the gimbal is in place, and it is. Anyway, I took it to my local oficial DJI store, and they said that it could be just the ribbon cable. Today I got a call from the store, and they said its not just the cable, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. The value they quoted for the gimbal replacement was 430 euros, which I thing is ridiculously high. I woul like to get people's opinion on this, did this happen to any you? How much did you pay? I find it strange that they said the whole thing needs to be replaced, when the camera works fine, for example.

I came across this page, and there are different prices to specific parts if the gimbal: 自助寄修-大疆自助服务中心

This sucks

Did you check if the gimbal was situated properly under the tabs? Also, that replacement cost is hilarious. A replacement gimbal is $250, or 210 Euros. Not sure how they're magically doubling that, except to just rip you off. @Thunderdrones might be more familiar with this, if it isn't the tabs

Did you check if the gimbal was situated properly under the tabs? Also, that replacement cost is hilarious. A replacement gimbal is $250, or 210 Euros. Not sure how they're magically doubling that, except to just rip you off. @Thunderdrones might be more familiar with this, if it isn't the tabs

I checked, and double checkd. The gimbal is properly placed.

I get a feeling thay just want to charge as much as they can just to replace a cable or two.

Reactions: latunatexx
I checked, and double checkd. The gimbal is properly placed.

I get a feeling thay just want to charge as much as they can just to replace a cable or two.

I've seen that the cable replacement fixes it, and repair is really not that difficult.

I came across this page, and there are different prices to specific parts of the gimbal: 自助寄修-大疆自助服务中心

This sucks

I had the gimbal/ camera and one front arm replaced on my Mavic for $315 CDN

This sucks
I repaired my gimbal that had a "motor overload" error for $15. Unless your camera sensor is damaged or the motors are bent, I would just try to replace the black ribbon cable. It is probably broken.

Here is a link to the cable:
Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable layer For DJI Mavic Pro | eBay

Just search for a video on how to repair the camera. It is pretty easy if you have ever played with electronics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada