DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal dial & Drone yaw

Paul Nose

Reactions
Lately, after more than 32 hrs of perfect flights and almost out of the blue (I mean without having experienced major crashes) when I rotate the gimbal dial the gimbal actually tilts, but at the same time the drone yaws ...............
The drone and the controller firmware is updated to the last version, and I have also tried to reset all the stuff to fabric default. but no way ................
Has anyone experienced such strange behaviour ????
Could anybody give me some good suggestion to solve this annoying inconvenient ?????

Lately, after more than 32 hrs of perfect flights and almost out of the blue (I mean without having experienced major crashes) when I rotate the gimbal dial the gimbal actually tilts, but at the same time the drone yaws ...............
The drone and the controller firmware is updated to the last version, and I have also tried to reset all the stuff to fabric default. but no way ................
Has anyone experienced such strange behaviour ????
Could anybody give me some good suggestion to solve this annoying inconvenient ?????

Is your Gimbal set to FPV mode? I’m not sure if that would do it, but it’s the only thing that comes to mind.

Is your Gimbal set to FPV mode? I’m not sure if that would do it, but it’s the only thing that comes to mind.
No, the gimbal is seto to Follow mode ...... setting it to FPV doesn't change the situation ..... Thks for you reply anyway !!!!!!!!!

Please try a remote control calibrations. Listed under Control in settings. Complete all, should fix it.

No, the gimbal is seto to Follow mode ...... setting it to FPV doesn't change the situation ..... Thks for you reply anyway !!!!!!!!!

My pleasure, it was a stab in the dark anyway.

Please try a remote control calibrations. Listed under Control in settings. Complete all, should fix it.
Dear Capt.KO, I have tried to calibrate the remote but when I rotate the gimbal dial both the indicators of the horizontal axis of the Left Control Stick (i.e. Drone Yaw) go to 100% ...... Very strange ......

Dear Capt.KO, I have tried to calibrate the remote but when I rotate the gimbal dial both the indicators of the horizontal axis of the Left Control Stick (i.e. Drone Yaw) go to 100% ...... Very strange ......
Sounds like the likely cause. The wheel is somehow able to imitate the left stick, internally? Don’t know of a solution. Warranty? Actually, a good wack sometimes corrects the weird ones. ? true
Keep trying the calibration??? Good luck ?

Dear Capt.KO, I have tried the whack and would have tried also the kick before recurring to measures of last resort like the laying on of hands and the activation of the cumbersome warranty process. So I have looked at some tutorials about remote control teardown and I have learnt that the left joystick block is positioned just over the flat connector of the gimbal system to the mainboard ...... Then I have gone back to the remote calibration procedure and found that with a really small pressure on the left joystick the gimbal rotates properly and the drone doesn't jaw ...... After that I have flown the drone and .... the trick works !!!!!!!!! Maybe some mechanic and electronic interference due to some bloody loose screw somewhere in the controller ??? God knows .... the important thing is to find ways to (f)hack the problems and keep the control of the flying stuff ...... Thanks a lot and good wind !!!!

• Love
Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS