DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Dial not working?

Kupe

Reactions
Hey gang-

Just unboxed my new Mavic Air today. Did the activation and all firmware updates via the DJI Go app. Weather is terrible, so did my first flight here in the house. Great fun!

But noticed that the Gimbal dial on the RC does nothing. I have changed no settings whatsoever. Running in whatever defaults it came with. Any ideas what to check? Flying strictly with RC- not via app, though my iPhone is connected and displaying video nicely.

Thanks!

Reactions: kjcbid54 and Kupe
Thanks Mossiback.

I'm such a geek that I actually read the entire 58 page Mavic Air manual and Quick Start guide before I even attempted my first flight- so I was familiar with the excerpts you posted. Bottom line is the gimbal dial does nothing. And Gimbal Auto Calibrate in Go 4 freezes at 10% every time. Looks like it's going back to Amazon.

That's the nice thing about Amazon; there is normally no problem with returns and it is much better than dealing with DJI. Try it again and you should be okay. I mean, what are the odds you would get a second problem Air?

I think I've pretty well checked everything I can before returning it to Amazon. In addition to the Gimbal not responding to the RC remote dial, not responding to Go 4, freezing at 10% during Gimbal Auto Calibration, it also shows nothing under Aircraft Status->Gimbal Status. Anything I'm missing?

I think I've pretty well checked everything I can before returning it to Amazon. In addition to the Gimbal not responding to the RC remote dial, not responding to Go 4, freezing at 10% during Gimbal Auto Calibration, it also shows nothing under Aircraft Status->Gimbal Status. Anything I'm missing?
I would try a different OTG cable instead of the supplied USB cable that comes with the drone. Common issue with the cables and the connectors.

I would try a different OTG cable instead of the supplied USB cable that comes with the drone. Common issue with the cables and the connectors.

You're talking the Lightning to Micro-USB that connects the Remote and the phone, right? That is definitely not a common cable- and this from a guy who has a closet full of cables LOL!

I think in the time it would take me to locate one, I'll have my replacement Mavic from Amazon. Unboxing a DOA is such a bummer- I think I'll just move on.

Because you get no action from the RC gimbal dial, I don't think the USB cable is the problem. I think you are on the right track by returning it.

You're talking the Lightning to Micro-USB that connects the Remote and the phone, right? That is definitely not a common cable- and this from a guy who has a closet full of cables LOL!

I think in the time it would take me to locate one, I'll have my replacement Mavic from Amazon. Unboxing a DOA is such a bummer- I think I'll just move on.
Just use the same cable that you use to charge your phone. There is a standard USB port on the bottom of the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851