DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mad Mavic

Reactions
Equipment: Mavic Pro Platinum
Problem : Gimbal Failure'
Cause: Unknown. Just started one day in mid flight and never returned to normal. Never crashed.
Description of issue: Gimbal moving sporadic and slamming stops limits
Attempts at Fixing: Have three Gimbals and board assemblies which I swapped components until I had tried each combination
outcome: if the drone is powered up inverted it will remain calm and allow a gimbal calibration. Powering up normal only results in the dreaded "Gimbal Knock"

Question: has anyone found a solution to this issue aside from buying new parts?

ok changed out the flat ribbon cable and gimbal problem solves. If you haven't changed out a flat ribbon cable on a Mavic Pro Platinum gimbal, you haven't lived LMBO. Anyway, problem solved. This is my second ribbon change on two different Mavic's; just luck I bought two last year when the last gimbal went bad.

If you have a gimbal that is banging its limits causing a knocking sound, a ribbon change may be the fix. If so, a word of caution when lifting the upper body off the drone. the rear will lift off first, which is where the GPS unit plugs in. The best thing I've discovered is to crack the case just enough to get a tool in to pry the GPS power connector off the main board. I've broken two by doing as one YouTuber suggested, which was to simply lift the unit which would unplug the GPS power. That probably works on everyone else but me LOL. The wires are so tiny that mine pulled off the solder joint. The second one broke simply because I had to take my drone apart so many times replacing the main board and other internal failures.

I enjoy these drones but I have to say with all honesty, the electronics are severely lacking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929