DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal during IMU Calibration question

Bracco

Reactions
Ok so I got my Mavic Pro yesterday, super stoked by the way!! Quick question though, when I'm doing my IMU Calibration, specifically during step 4 when the drone is standing on it's tail end, the Gimbal sort of leans back against the body and it's sort of clicking like it wants to readjust but is obstructed. The first time I immediately picked it up for fear of breaking my Gimbal, but then I just went ahead and let it do it to get my calibration. Gimbal seems fine and IMU sensors are all good. But I'm a little worried that when I have to calibrate agaim in the future, it's going to be putting wear on my Gimbal. Anyone else experience this? If so, is it anything I should be worried about?

No, it's fine.. It's unavoidable plus you really shouldn't need to calibrate your imu very often if at all, I never have done mine and she's flown for over 5 hours now.

Thanks for the reply Pedro. I probably didn't have to calibrate but I figured I would calibrate everything once in the beginning. Happy flying!!!

I just calibrated mine. The gimbal did the same thing on step 4. It's fine. You should only need to calibrate the IMU if the Mavic is flying oddly.

I also have a P3P. The "gospel" with the Phantom is to calibrate the IMU after a firmware update, or if it has been bumped badly during movement or travel. It also needs to be chilled before IMU calibration, but I don't think the Mavic does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61