DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal erratic banging on start up??

Mattw996

Reactions
hi all

After a problem free 4 months with my Mavic I turned it on today only to adjust some of the camera settings and the camera went mad on startup.

It was banging violently and loudly on the startup calibration. Cannot calibrate gimbal as it sticks on 5% and it says gimbal overload.

Anyone had this problem and found a fix?

Thanks

Pretty sure I have seen this exact problem posted on here before. (sticks on 5%) Maybe try a search.

Reactions: Mattw996
hi all

After a problem free 4 months with my Mavic I turned it on today only to adjust some of the camera settings and the camera went mad on startup.

It was banging violently and loudly on the startup calibration. Cannot calibrate gimbal as it sticks on 5% and it says gimbal overload.

Anyone had this problem and found a fix?

Thanks

I'd downgrade the FW with DJI Assistant.

Well I’ve downgraded upgraded and calibrated the IMU but to no avail. Looks like it’s going back to DJI

It´s probably the flat ribbon cable that´s broken, bad conection with one of the gimbalmotors will cause this while start up. I guess you end up with camera pointing right down? Change it yourself if you are handy or send it in!

Hi Mattw996, while this may not be the exact cause of your issue, I had the same problem and did a lot of research combing through forums, help tutorials and Youtube videos for an answer. I ultimately replaced the ribbon cable with the FSLabs aftermarket cable, and it's working fine again. When I installed the replacement cable (took about 1 hour being very cautious), I noticed that it subtly rubbed against a sharp corner on the gimbal, so I filed the corner smooth to ensure it didn't rub. I inspected the old cable using a 10x jewelers loupe and noticed that the edge of the cable was worn where it would have touched the sharp corner. I'll try to post some pictures to back up what I'm describing, but have seen other posts on this issue and believe it may be a design issue contributing to at least some of the ribbon cable problems.

Hi Mattw996, while this may not be the exact cause of your issue, I had the same problem and did a lot of research combing through forums, help tutorials and Youtube videos for an answer. I ultimately replaced the ribbon cable with the FSLabs aftermarket cable, and it's working fine again. When I installed the replacement cable (took about 1 hour being very cautious), I noticed that it subtly rubbed against a sharp corner on the gimbal, so I filed the corner smooth to ensure it didn't rub. I inspected the old cable using a 10x jewelers loupe and noticed that the edge of the cable was worn where it would have touched the sharp corner. I'll try to post some pictures to back up what I'm describing, but have seen other posts on this issue and believe it may be a design issue contributing to at least some of the ribbon cable problems.

Thanks is mine is fixed now under warranty by DJI and it was the gimbal control board.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie