DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal goes haywire & stops recording upon new video file creation

westwind77

Reactions
My drone was perfect for a long time, but recently (what seemed to be randomly) all of a sudden the gimbal would turn up instantly and to the side which made it seem like the drone was going to crash - when in reality the drone (flight-wise) was operating as it should. When this happens to the gimbal the red recoding button on the screen turns gray and it stops its current recording. If you give the drone about 20 or so seconds the gimbal will re-center, slowly, and then the record button turns red allowing me to re-start the recording.

I reloaded the current firmware the other week and formatted the memory card and the prior flights (about 3) were flawless. However last night the issue popped up again.

When I pulled the files I realized that it seems the issue happened right as it finished recording the 1st 3GB file and tried to start the 2nd 3GB file. Has anyone heard of this happening before? I have heard some memory cards can cause issues here and there and wondered if this was a possibility?

What memory card are you using ?

Mine did this. All the files were a specific time length (something like 9 min and 6 sec). I researched trying to find out what the issue was? Everything I found pointed towards the micro SD card. I switched from a 64 to a 32 card and have not had a problem after that. I kept the 64 for backup, but have not used them recently.

I think I read that you could format the 64 cards a special way to fix the problem, but I never got that far.

Thanks for the info! I went ahead and purchased a Pro card, not cheap, but will give it a shot. If not I might try you way and drop to a 32. I think when I first flew i was only using a 32 but went higher after.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3