DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Gyroscope Error after replacing the cable.

vrships

Reactions
Here's a very strange thing.
I had a minor collision with the Mavic Pro I just got for 10 minutes. No visilbe damage, but the gimbal stopped working. The error message was "Motor Overload", as everyone sees.

I've seen every source suggesting that replacing the flex cable would fix it. Although there was no sign of damage on my original cable, I still bought a new one and replaced it.

I tested it without the plastic covers of the gimbal arm, with only a few necessary screws, and turned it on. It worked! So I assume it is fixed. I took the gimbal assembly off again, and this time finish it up by adding some liquid electric tape, putting on all the covers and screws. I turned it on again, the gimbal initialized by sweeping in all three directions fine, and then it drooped, responseless. And this time the error was "gimal gyroscope error".

I spent another few hours going over all the connections. Nothing changed. So essentially i got the gimbal to work JUST ONCE with the new cable and it died again. HOW COULD THIS BE POSSIBLE. Or could it be that the electric tape damages the connector??

And it looks like very few people has reported the "gimbal gyroscope error" message. Mostly we assume the gimbal itself is pretty tough and it is always the cable that's damaged. Has anyone really confirmed that their gimbal, not the cable, is damaged? Like one of the motor. And again where exactly is this "gimbal Gyroscope" located ? Is it somewhere near one of the motor or arm?

Is any other part I can replace my self? A whole gimbal assembly is too pricey, and I believe the camera, the vibration borad and the circuit board are intact so I hope to just repair the necessary parts that are wrong.

I don't know if this is relevant. When I was putting the gimbal flex cable cover back, I accidentally compressed the silver VLDS camera cable with a screw and one wire was almost ripped apart. I though my camera would be dead but surprisingly the camera still works perfectly! And that was when the “gyroscope error" came up. Is it possible that the gyroscope is connected by the camera cable not the gimbal flex cable?

Reactions: Undergroundpro
Have you been able to figure it out?? I also crashed and have the same error after reassembling my mavic....

Thanks for the mention @JeepDSL

The gyroscope is located in the camera barrel. If either the camera barrel or the silver LVDS cable is damaged, it could lead to that error message, but most of the time it's the camera barrel that's the problem.

1.jpg .

I try to remove video cable... And try to connect the drone, and it say gyroscop error, i think the gyroscop is on the camera inside... If it not connected(video cable) when the 4 ribon on mavic conected it become error message... Otherwise if the 4 riboon on mavic not conected also, and then the gyroscop error message disapear..
If u get gyro error 100% its a video cable or camera inside

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929