DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issue?

xagoras

Reactions
Hi. I recently sent my M2P in for replacement of the IMU unit because it was defective. DJI replaced the whole drone instead of replacing just the defective module, under warranty. All good so far.

I've been doing some test flight since I got it back, and to be honest, I feel there is something wrong with the drone. Today I took some pictures at a location near my place, by the sea. I noticed that when facing the horizon, the sea was not appearing flat. There was a very noticable tilt on the camera. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

The drone was perfectly still while taking the pictures. There was a very soft breeze coming from the sea, but not so big to explain such a tilt. But even if that was the case, shouldn't it be able to compensate and keep the camera level?

Anyway I landed it and did a gimbal calibration, then tried the same pictures again. The results were slightly better, but still the tilt is there. Did they send me a defective drone?
DJI_0008.JPGDJI_0018.JPG

That is definately not right!!

#1 - With aircraft powered off, can you manually rotate the camera roll? Is it bound in any way, or can you easily rotate it?
#2 - Have you tried adjusting the "Adjust Gimbal Roll" setting under the gimbal settings? It lets you adjust the gimbal roll in .1-degree increments. Best to do this while you are hovering level, looking at the horizon.

Here is a video for how to do this on a Mavic Pro, but I'm guessing the same applies to the M2P:

Reactions: apeel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje