DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issues

chris_mac1983

Reactions
I crashed the Mavic 2 a long time ago and just got around to fixing it. Only thing left that is causing an issue is the gimbal. Camera works fine in both video and photo but the gimbal wouldn’t move.

So I’ve been going through resetting it with Joint Coarse etc but when I run the script the gimbal just keeps going and seems to be catching or stopping slightly? I’ve attached a video so hopefully someone might have an answer

Have I over tightened the screws as I’ve seen mentioned in other threads?

Can't help but the front lens cover isn't on properly or is broken.... not that that has anything to do with the problem.

I had issues after a 15 drop onto grass with my Mavic 2 Pro gimbal. After trying a few places in the USA, one said he fixed it but did not, I had to send it to him again and he said now it was fixed but it still was not. In the end he said he would refund my money but he never did, so I'll never use him again. In the end I sent it to DJI. They had it about 4 days, told me the problems and the cost would be $350. I paid it and, in a week, I had a brand-new drone shipped, they don't repair and send back to you. Never had a problem since. Save time and money and send it to DJI, their customer service is excellent, and they are fast and repair costs were $65 an hour which was the same or cheaper than many who advertise on here.

Reactions: tribar
Check with the drone switched off that the camera is free to move in all directions. Twiddle the camera about. It should be loose to the touch. I note that the gimbal does not attempt any yaw movement. Have you removed and replaced the yaw arm?
There are three screws that hold the yaw arm/motor in place attached to the vibration board.
The length of these screws is critical, as I have found out from experience.
Too tight and too long and the screws project into the yaw motor with unknown affect.
When the drone is switched off the yaw arm/motor should rotate freely/smoothly from stop to stop.
As should the roll arms. We can see that the pitch motor is trying.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e