DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal issues

Bruce

Reactions
Just flew my 1st waypoint mission (used Litchi) Mavic flew perfectly, video recording was right on. After waypoint mission I flew a FVP flight but I couldn't make gimbal move up or down. Note: yesterday when I flew in FVP mode the wheel that controls the gimbal did not work, however the button on the controller (the one closest to the righthand joy stick was controlling the gimbal) I did not make that change, at least not on purpose. Today I could not control the gimbal with either. When I watched the video shot during the way point mission the gimbal was moving up and down. I wasn't trying to control the gimbal during that flight. Am I crazy or is some setting screwed up? Does it sound like something fixable with settings or is this going to be a DJI repair job? Do Mavics get fixed in US or do they have to go back to China? Help, I'm new to this and really don't want to loose my Mavic for weeks or worse, just learning to fly and really liking it.

Just flew my 1st waypoint mission (used Litchi) Mavic flew perfectly, video recording was right on. After waypoint mission I flew a FVP flight but I couldn't make gimbal move up or down. Note: yesterday when I flew in FVP mode the wheel that controls the gimbal did not work, however the button on the controller (the one closest to the righthand joy stick was controlling the gimbal) I did not make that change, at least not on purpose. Today I could not control the gimbal with either. When I watched the video shot during the way point mission the gimbal was moving up and down. I wasn't trying to control the gimbal during that flight. Am I crazy or is some setting screwed up? Does it sound like something fixable with settings or is this going to be a DJI repair job? Do Mavics get fixed in US or do they have to go back to China? Help, I'm new to this and really don't want to loose my Mavic for weeks or worse, just learning to fly and really liking it.

If it does need repair after you talk with DJI support, their support place is in Carson, CA. You send them your Mavic, your remote, and a paper copy of your case number, case description, proof of Mavic purchase... and if you can get flight logs from your phone to the DJI servers by syncing them in the app, they'll be able to assess whether the drone is defective. If it is, your gimbal warranty is 6 months, and should probably be fixable for free if they determine you didn't crash it in such a way that it screws with the gimbal.

This is based on my own experience with RMA, which is ongoing.
Here's hoping it's fixable. If not,
After-Sales Service Policies - DJI
Check Your Support Coverage | DJI Store
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/
...were useful to me in sending things in. If you go asking on the DJI forum, I know DJI-Ken seems reasonable enough.

Fly with DJI GO and see if the problem is there as well. If not then it's the app which is what it sounds like to me.

Doesn't litchi void the warranty because it's a 3rd party app ?

If you fly in FPV instead of 'Follow' mode the gimbal is locked as the view stays pointed ahead, switch to follow mode.

If you fly in FPV instead of 'Follow' mode the gimbal is locked as the view stays pointed ahead, switch to follow mode.
Fixed my problem. I reset everything to default settings now everything works fine. Also I can control the gimbal in FPV mode in Litchi, I can't even find "follow" in Litchi.

Fixed my problem. I reset everything to default settings now everything works fine. Also I can control the gimbal in FPV mode in Litchi, I can't even find "follow" in Litchi.
Sorry, was referring to the GO4 app, missed the Litchi reference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy