DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Lock Options?

GPappy

Reactions
I just purchased a used Mavic 2 Pro and it did not include the Gimbal lock/protector. I did a search here and found a couple of options in older threads with broken links to Amazon and Ebay. Does anyone have any recommendations before I just order the OE part from DJI?

I just purchased a used Mavic 2 Pro and it did not include the Gimbal lock/protector. I did a search here and found a couple of options in older threads with broken links to Amazon and Ebay. Does anyone have any recommendations before I just order the OE part from DJI?
DJI shipped it without the Gimbal Protector ?

Don't order the OEM part as many of us immediately replaced it with something else. The 2 piece aspect of the design is undesirable.

I ended up with the Polar Pro. You may find threads that talk about how tight it is with people worrying about damage, but now used mine for years with no damage.

Chris

Don't order the OEM part as many of us immediately replaced it with something else. The 2 piece aspect of the design is undesirable.

I ended up with the Polar Pro. You may find threads that talk about how tight it is with people worrying about damage, but now used mine for years with no damage.

Chris
Thank you for the suggestion. It was one of the options that I found when looking through all of the threads. Unfortunately, it appears to have been discontinued? Best Buy, Amazon, B&H, all show it as discontinued or no longer available.

Thank you for the suggestion. It was one of the options that I found when looking through all of the threads. Unfortunately, it appears to have been discontinued? Best Buy, Amazon, B&H, all show it as discontinued or no longer available.
I didn't know that. Hopefully someone will recommend a current model. It's possible that Polar Pro discontinued that one, but made another one (one where people didn't complain about the tightness), so you might check their web site for a different gimbal cover model.

Chris

don't see polar pro for sale but this looks exactly like the Polar Pro I have.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.46.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.46.15 PM.png
    790.3 KB · Views: 17
I replaced my original protector with one I got from Amazon ---cost about $11. Much better than Mavic original. Something like Polar Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada