DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal lock warning flag

Wilkie

Reactions
Hey guys,

I just posted this same pic up in the new guy intro section but I thought I'd start another thread here.

I recently acquired an MP Platinum and on my 3rd flight I managed to forget to remove the gimbal lock/cover before powering up the drone. My gimbal lock is a one-piece unit made by Aterox. Tonight I modified it so I hopefully won't make the same mistake again.

Just thought I'd share.........

IMG_6040.JPG

This mod has probably already been done by others so please forgive me if this is a repeat.

Next priority.....a CHECKLIST!

Wilkie

Lord do I need this!
I have labels on my batteries that say "remove gimbal lock". Look horrible (but 'usually' works).
Where did you get the flag? Nice job.

Thanks Leo. I bought a 5-pack of flags on Amazon. Figured I’d use the extras for other things. My wife and son already ‘borrowed ‘ a couple of them.

All I did was drill 2 small holes on the gimbal cover and used a zip tie to secure the flag. The picture explains it pretty well I think.

And thanks Thunderdrone for the preflight checklist. I’m kinda looking at a bunch of checklist I found on this site, including the one you posted, then I’ll adapt it to suit my style and needs.

Wilkie

Thanks Leo. I bought a 5-pack of flags on Amazon. Figured I’d use the extras for other things. My wife and son already ‘borrowed ‘ a couple of them.

All I did was drill 2 small holes on the gimbal cover and used a zip tie to secure the flag. The picture explains it pretty well I think.

And thanks Thunderdrone for the preflight checklist. I’m kinda looking at a bunch of checklist I found on this site, including the one you posted, then I’ll adapt it to suit my style and needs.

Wilkie
If I can't see this- I shouldn't be flying! Thanks for the tip.

20180224_202207.jpg

Reactions: barriev123
Hey guys,

I just posted this same pic up in the new guy intro section but I thought I'd start another thread here.

I recently acquired an MP Platinum and on my 3rd flight I managed to forget to remove the gimbal lock/cover before powering up the drone. My gimbal lock is a one-piece unit made by Aterox. Tonight I modified it so I hopefully won't make the same mistake again.

Just thought I'd share.........

View attachment 31700

This mod has probably already been done by others so please forgive me if this is a repeat.

Next priority.....a CHECKLIST!

Wilkie
I have one also and told my wife the other day that i will be putting it the gimbalcover/lock. Because my newbie self cant remember to take it off.

I printed a couple of remove before flight tags on Glossy Photo Paper. Punched a hole in gimbal and attached with small zip tie. It works great.
Here is a copy of the google doc.

Attachments

• Remove Before Flight.pdf
    533.6 KB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser