DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal MM1

monctonrc

Reactions
Seeking a complete gimbal assembly or better yet an empty gimbal I can install on a broken MM1
Seem the empty gimbal can't be bought anymore (sold 6 months ago for 30 bucks)
anyone have a site that sells
Please note EVERY place on aliexpress says they sell but after searching for over 3 months I have yet to find one
I think DJI like Apple are corning the market to fill their pockets

Seeking a complete gimbal assembly or better yet an empty gimbal I can install on a broken MM1
Seem the empty gimbal can't be bought anymore (sold 6 months ago for 30 bucks)
anyone have a site that sells
Please note EVERY place on aliexpress says they sell but after searching for over 3 months I have yet to find one
I think DJI like Apple are corning the market to fill their pockets
What do you mean by an "empty gimbal"? Also, switching out gimbals may require calibration. I'm sure someone at @DDS could verify. I know that calibration is needed for the Mavic Air 2/2S but not sure about the Mini's. There's many "hacks" online that supposedly fix this but I believe that you'll be permantely stuck with an error. I'm not sure if the hacks even work and don't care to as I'd rather get it repaired professionally.

go to aliexpress type empty gimbal you will see what I am asking about
Just searched it up and a barrage of different things for the Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mavic 2, Mavic 1, and Mavic Air 2 popped up. Could you attach a picture of what you're looking for please?

This
Replacment DJI Mavic Mini Gimbal Camera Part Empty Gimbal Motor Signal PTZ Cable Lens UV Glass 3 IN 1 Flat Cable Accessory Pack

Reactions: BSauce955
***i%%%%%^))(((_)(((****
I didn't know such things were available I have been looking for one for months I want one to cut apart to see how the bearings and boards are mounted
An ex demonstrator from a shop might do depending how empty an empty gimbal you want.

BTW you should heed BSauce955's calibration 'warning'/heads-up.

So, a replacement Mavic Mini gimbal is ~$150 and a replacement Mavic Mini drone is ~$200. In my opinion, it would be wise to simply replace the entire drone but it's up to you. You could also look into drones for parts. There's one I'm seeing, not sure what exactly is wrong with it but it says the gimbal is good. It'd be fairly easy to purchase it, remove the gimbal, install your faulty gimbal, and then sell it for parts again. You might get a good gimbal for a lot less than you expected. As to the empty gimbal, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've included links below to several eBay listings.

Faulty drone with good gimbal $150
Faulty drone 2 with possibly good gimbal $130
Mavic Mini full replacement $200

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore