DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Overload after firmware update?

BRDVPRA

Reactions
I recently flew in some really light sprinkles, firmware was updated and now my gimbal flipping around and then goes dead. I get an error of Gimbal Motor Overload. I have replaced my stabilization board with no luck. I have tried to roll back firmware, but my up to date assistant 2 does not show any previous firmware when connected to the drone. When I hold it sideways on start up it will start correctly about 3 out of 5 times. When it does start correctly, to pan up and down is very sluggish and the camera floats down. I have a new gimbal arm and ribbon cable on the way. Does this sound like a motor going out or a bad connection? Anything I missed?

When I had a gimbal overload error it ended up being the ribbon cable. I replaced it and haven't had issues with it since! It's been about two years and still going strong. It's hard to know the cause for sure, but I'd try replacing that and see if it solves the issue.

I replaced the gimble motor/arm and cable. The camera now works. My only issue is when I put it in sport mode the camera can no longer continue looking forward when flying forward. As the drone tilts to go it is like the new gimbal motor cannot keep up with the load to keep the camera pointed forward. Is this a setting issue or do you think the new motor is weak?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS