DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload error - no crash and temporary fix

maartendev

Reactions
So here I am, at this amazing location with amazing light. Starting my Mavic Pro (only 10 flights, never crashed), and the gimbal making four times a ticking sound. Error. "Aircraft motor overloaded. Check whether gimbal clamp is removed". I checked, but I had removed the clamp.

I calibrated the IMU, and then wanted to calibrate the gimbal, but every time it gets stuck between 31% and 62%.

I was looking online for others with the same problem and i noticed that several other people have it too. Most of them seem to have this problem after updating the firmware. Are there any people here with the same problem?

I found a quick fix on youtube and I was exactly surprised it works with my mavic too. You can find the video here, and also see what happens when i start my Mavic.

Do you guys think i need to send it back to DJI? Any idea what can cause this problem?

Thanks!

How in the world did the first guy find that fix? I'd probably contact DJI to see if this is a known problem after the last update. They might say another update is coming out that will resolve your problem.

I tried the fix in that video and it doesn't work for me.

This is the 2nd Mavic in ONE WEEK that has bricked out on me because of this issue.

I sent the first one in for repair, bought another one to use in the meantime, and the 2nd one also stopped working after a week.

Absolutely piss poor quality control from DJI, and still no acknowledgement of this issue from them.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my mavic pro. I got all of a sudden this error message. No crash, no update installed...

Could you share me how your problem got fixed? Should I send it to DJI? Or is there any easier fix?

Regards, Rubby

I ended up sending my Mavic back to DJI and according to them the gimbal FPC cable was damaged and the vibration board was bent. I have no idea how this happened and if this was true, but they fixed it, I paid 65 euro and it worked perfect afterwards.

Maarten

Reactions: rubby99999
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada