DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload?

BluePolo

Reactions
2nd flight with MA2, 3 videos in I get a 'gimbal motor overload' warning on my hud. I can move it up and down, but the image to my iPhone is wavy. Wasn't just the image to the iPhone: the footage at 4k30 was wavy as well. Tried landing and powering down, but the problem persisted. 82F, calm winds, golden hour before sunset...perfect conditions...Anyone have a fix? I've seen in MM threads about some sort of Inertial something calibration?

Mine started today, Gimbal motor overload. After recalibrating gimbal, appears okay until flying a minute or two during flight acts up again.

I’m starting to feel outside temperature is causing this gimbal motor overload, outside temperatures are getting warmer.

I’ll try again tomorrow during cooler temperatures, then again as it warns up.

Good luck everyone,
Paul

• Angry
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Mine started today, Gimbal motor overload. After recalibrating gimbal, appears okay until flying a minute or two during flight acts up again.

I’m starting to feel outside temperature is causing this gimbal motor overload, outside temperatures are getting warmer.

Good luck everyone,
Paul
Where are you flying?

Good luck everyone,
Paul
I live in Florida. Heat is an all year thing.

I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with the heat... I may as well send it back if that's the case.

LET ME KNOW! THANKS!

This started happening on mine today also. Tried calibrating but no success. On watching back the footage, it starts as a slight vibration as the trees appear wavy then on into a full wobble. After checking out the front of the gimble I notice two small rubber stoppers to the left and right side. One is one way round and the other the opposite. See attached picture. Can anyone confirm if theirs is the same or a build error.20200527_152626.jpg

Someone else had this same problem with those rubber stabilizers, both need to mount on lowest spacer, the one closest your thumb is the correct setting.

Good luck,
Paul

This started happening on mine today also. Tried calibrating but no success. On watching back the footage, it starts as a slight vibration as the trees appear wavy then on into a full wobble. After checking out the front of the gimble I notice two small rubber stoppers to the left and right side. One is one way round and the other the opposite. See attached picture. Can anyone confirm if theirs is the same or a build error.View attachment 102752
@PopsGG

I live in Florida. Heat is an all year thing.

I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with the heat... I may as well send it back if that's the case.

LET ME KNOW! THANKS!
Yesterday, flew twice and gimbal motor didn’t return. Flew in the morning temperatures very cool then in the afternoon when temperatures were over 100. No gimbal motor issues, odd hopefully DJI cab fix this with an update.

Paul

This started happening on mine today also. Tried calibrating but no success. On watching back the footage, it starts as a slight vibration as the trees appear wavy then on into a full wobble. After checking out the front of the gimble I notice two small rubber stoppers to the left and right side. One is one way round and the other the opposite. See attached picture. Can anyone confirm if theirs is the same or a build error.View attachment 102752

UPDATE
So after fixing this slight build issue and taking my drone out for a fly today in near identical conditions as yesterday I can confirm i experience no gimbal overload or and wobble at all. I will continue to monitor but for now this resolved my PROBLEMS.

Someone else had this same problem with those rubber stabilizers, both need to mount on lowest spacer, the one closest your thumb is the correct setting.

Good luck,
Paul
Its was me I had to send mine back.. i will fet my replacement back this thrsday i hope i never have that problem again but at least i can check this bands if it s does.

I got my MA@ yesterday this one is good to go too. thank god it's over with..
Good to hear, I had gimbal overloading issues a few times. Not in a while through, it may come and go and if yours starts. Just recalibrate the gimbal, Maybe a future update will fix this.

Paul

Good to hear, I had gimbal overloading issues a few times. Not in a while through, it may come and go and if yours starts. Just recalibrate the gimbal, Maybe a future update will fix this.

Paul
I've not had one in 30 flights. I would rma yours just because. That's my two cents though

Sending mine back had same issues.
Gimbal was level on those rubber things.
changed props calibrated everything updated.
Jello effect and gimbal motor overload comes after about 1 minute flight time.
Had only done 9 flights total started after flight 2.

• Sad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803