DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Motor Overloaded

You could have got a tiny bit of sand or debri in the gimbal. Try blowing it out real good with a can of compressed air. go easy tho.

Reactions: Thomas B
ah ah haa you didn't take the gimbal cover off before you flew this could be your problem, maybe. TD whats you think with this new info.

ah ah haa you didn't take the gimbal cover off before you flew this could be your problem, maybe. TD whats you think with this new info.
I took the cover that hold all the gimbal in place when been transported etc. but have always left the big domed one at the front on, could not find anywhere in the manual that said to remove this one when flying.

[/QUOTE

Looks clean it did have the clear cover on it which flicked off when I crashed

Always take the cover off before you power it up, its just for storage protection. Try powering it up and calibrating the gimbal without the cover.

I took the cover that hold all the gimbal in place when been transported etc. but have always left the big domed one at the front on, could not find anywhere in the manual that said to remove this one when flying.

Page 6 says to attach it when not in use. Its an easy mistake to make and hopefully thats what is binding the gimbal.

Also check the movement of it when the power is off.

OP, you might have damaged your gimbal ribbon cable. After the drone starts, does the gimbal point straight and level? If it points any other direction, or does the "gimbal dance," then its a bad ribbon and will need to be replaced.

OP, what kind of drone is it? If it is a Mavic Pro or Platinum, and if you are handy, or know someone who is, it can be a do-it-yourself project. If it's an M2, better to send it off to DJI Melbourne.

I know the gimble clamp should be removed before powering up, but what about the dome cover? It seems to be that it does not touch or hinder the camera and gimble movement, it is clear, and is equiped with a scratch protector for storage, so it seems to be intended for in-flight protection for the camera. I rarely ever fly with it on because of the glare effects, but did so once while taking off and landing in patchy snow. Drone landed 5" off, and cover dented into small patch of snow, so I was glad I had it on. (Hand caught on subsequent flights.)

Seriously, is there any other reason than sun flash not to use the dome cover?

I know the gimble clamp should be removed before powering up, but what about the dome cover? It seems to be that it does not touch or hinder the camera and gimble movement, it is clear, and is equiped with a scratch protector for storage, so it seems to be intended for in-flight protection for the camera. I rarely ever fly with it on because of the glare effects, but did so once while taking off and landing in patchy snow. Drone landed 5" off, and cover dented into small patch of snow, so I was glad I had it on. (Hand caught on subsequent flights.)

Seriously, is there any other reason than sun flash not to use the dome cover?

Yes, on the Mavic Pro and Platinum, you can use the gimbal bubble while flying as long s the gimbal lock is removed. Its not a bad idea for new pilots to use the bubble, if they are flying without using the display, and/or just hovering or flying close by. During flight, the video will be distorted, so its not the best idea to fly with it on.

Yes, on the Mavic Pro and Platinum, you can use the gimbal bubble while flying as long s the gimbal lock is removed. Its not a bad idea for new pilots to use the bubble, if they are flying without using the display, and/or just hovering or flying close by. During flight, the video will be distorted, so its not the best idea to fly with it on.
Thanks, TD. Like I said, I really only use it for storage protection and situations such as described. Keep the scratch protector on unless in actual use. Good to get confirmation that this use is ok.

OP, what kind of drone is it? If it is a Mavic Pro or Platinum, and if you are handy, or know someone who is, it can be a do-it-yourself project. If it's an M2, better to send it off to DJI Melbourne.
Hi thanks yes it does do a dance as you say. It is a mavic pro so will organize to send it away thanks for all the help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929