DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not responding to RC

DeepinderBedi

Reactions
Hi All,
Looking for some help as my Gimbal is not responding to my RC.
Background - I had a minor crash but there is hardly any physical damage. The gimbal moves around on startup but does not respond to the Remote Controller. When I manually move the gimbal slightly, it shows the movement on the phone screen and the side bar shows the angle at which the gimbal is moving. The camera is also transmitting to the phone. I opened the cover behind the gimbal and there was slight damage to one of the connectors but not sure if that is causing this. Any help in this regard will be appreciated. The drone is flying absolutely normally.
Attached is a picture from the inside of the cover.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20181224_174540.jpg
    20181224_174540.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 37
ok.. also just realized that when the device is in follow mode, the gimbal adjusts and moves automatically.

Additional information: When I try to factory reset the Gimbal settings, it says "Gimbal Reset Settings Failed"

Background - I had a minor crash
so you've damaged it then

[Edit] there is a scrape by the boot and the cushioning of the connector looks rough

Screenshot_20181229_105351.png

[Edit, Edit] are you sure you haven't damaged it by taking it apart as there looks to be evidence of this bolt being chewed minutely by a wrench?

Screenshot_20181229_105845.png

Last edited:
No. I haven't opened it beyond the main cover on top of this.. Either way, looks like I will have to send this into repairs.

@Thunderdrones
see what he thinks

[Edit]
make sure none of the surface mounted components near/under the snap connector are missing/broken off
When removing the connector it's easy to dislodge 1 or 2 by accident if not careful

Reactions: Former Member
! + - Same problem, but I did NOT have any crash ... the last flight everything was ok. . a bit later, my gimbal does not respond ... The gimbal cover was correctly mounted, the drone was wel protected..

When I start the drone, the gimbal makes a few moves. He flies perfectly, but I cannot control the gimbal anymore.. To make it even more strange, yesterday, without any phone/tablet attached to the RC, the gimbal DID respond normally to my RC :/ .... So it seems to be some software issue. However, I've re installed both DJI Go and Litchi on my phone and tablet .. and still the same problem. The camera is just loosely hanging around...

Anyone any idea?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike