DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal obstruction error - it was the controller (huge THANK YOU to Thunderdrones)

TimHixson

Reactions
I wanted to post about this as I have searched quite a bit and not seen this problem with anyone else.

A big THANK YOU to #Thunderdrones as he helped me figure this out. Would not have happened without him.

I bought my Mavic Pro second hand with some issues. The major one being that the gimbal obstruction error would not go away. I replaced the entire gimbal and then put a quality ribbon cable in it only to have the same error. I swallowed my pride and shipped it to Thunderdrones to let the expert look at it. He very quickly checked it out and basically told me nothing was wrong with it. He tested it and gave it a good shake down flight with no issues. He shipped it back to me. I tried it only to still have the same error with the Gimbal remaining. I did not know what to do so I emailed him again asking for more advice. He quickly responded and we worked thru the details of what I was doing different than him.

It turns out that I have been using the micro usb port connected to my iphone while he always connects to the full size usb port on the bottom of the controller. Once I did this all my errors went away.

I wanted to post about this as I have searched quite a bit and not seen this problem with anyone else.

A big THANK YOU to #Thunderdrones as he helped me figure this out. Would not have happened without him.

I bought my Mavic Pro second hand with some issues. The major one being that the gimbal obstruction error would not go away. I replaced the entire gimbal and then put a quality ribbon cable in it only to have the same error. I swallowed my pride and shipped it to Thunderdrones to let the expert look at it. He very quickly checked it out and basically told me nothing was wrong with it. He tested it and gave it a good shake down flight with no issues. He shipped it back to me. I tried it only to still have the same error with the Gimbal remaining. I did not know what to do so I emailed him again asking for more advice. He quickly responded and we worked thru the details of what I was doing different than him.

It turns out that I have been using the micro usb port connected to my iphone while he always connects to the full size usb port on the bottom of the controller. Once I did this all my errors went away.
I'm happy to help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada