DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal obstruction overload warning?

laura schlenker

Reactions
For some reason I'm getting this warning, but the gimbal is operating fine. The warning goes away after flying for a few seconds? Any idea why? I've never had a hard landing or any type of any damage at all.

Yes no guard ! I'm going to fly it again and see what's up. The camera got all blurry and weird just a minute ago when I flew it but it seem to pull out of it and seemed fine . I'm going to try again when the battery charges

It seems to only come on right before take off. Mabey it has always done it and I didn't notice, right before it says ready to go it comes on with a yellow background warning along with a few others, then they all go away on there own.

Check the mounting tabs. The camera should be mounted on 2 at the front and 1 at the rear.
Maybe try and recalibrate the gimbal.

For some reason I'm getting this warning, but the gimbal is operating fine. The warning goes away after flying for a few seconds? Any idea why? I've never had a hard landing or any type of any damage at all.
It appeared to me too today first time. This was my 3rd flight. It appeared whilst landed and the prop motors where off. But the gimbal was working fine and nothing was obstructing it. I switched for a sec to the phones main screen and then went back to the DJIgo app and it was gone. What is that? I am an experienced user, have a P3A too and had an I1v2 so no gimbal guard and all pre flight checks OK.

I've had 16 flights and only noticed it the last 3, mine goes away pretty fast so I'm not sure if it always showed this warning and I just missed it. the last flight I did, I didn't notice the warning .

I get the same thing, sometimes only when hovering. Never turned it on without removng the gimbal clamp first, and calibrated (and reset) the gimbal 3 times or more now. Checked and am positive the gimbal is mounted at 2 points in front and one in back (though it's still loose and jiggly.)

Is everyone on the latest firmware?
Done imu calibration followed by a gimbal calibration?

I'm on latest firmware, I've done a imu calibration, and have not calibrated the gimbal. My gimbal is working fine no issues that I've noticed so I didn't calibrate the gimbal.

Sure am. Going to try the full process one last time tonight, so I can either see it magically fixed, or run its battery down to 20% or less to ship it to California and wait the two-ish weeks DJI claims the service will take (to repair my brand new, lovingly gently treated Mavic. When not in flight or cooling down after one, the darn thing wears its gimbal clamp and dome, battery removed, props folded, resting on a pillow.)

Sure am. Going to try the full process one last time tonight, so I can either see it magically fixed, or run its battery down to 20% or less to ship it to California and wait the two-ish weeks DJI claims the service will take (to repair my brand new, lovingly gently treated Mavic. When not in flight or cooling down after one, the darn thing wears its gimbal clamp and dome, battery removed, props folded, resting on a pillow.)
Heheh your like me, you treat it gently!

make sure the Mavic has not been flown for an hour or 2 before doing the IMU. And do the IMU immediately when the mavic gets power. Don't let it warm up and idle.
Let us know how you go.

It rained. Of course. Just gonna send the darn thing in, as soon as I find a printer for the shipping label.

I had a strange warning similar to this "Abnormal Gimbal VIbration". It came on as a status error on warm up. Then went away, yet on two or three of my first flights I noticed a strange flutter or oscillation like vibration in the video that only lasts about 1 sec. The video shows a blurry result when the gimbal flutters like that. It doesn't ruin the whole thing. So maybe 5 minutes all fine and 1 sec flutter, but if it's your hero shot and it does this in the middle of the take, it ruins that one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123