DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Off Center

CNEEL89

Reactions
Was just looking at my MA 2 and noticed the gimbal points slightly to the left. I noticed in double clicking the function button, when the camera re-centers it settles on -2 degrees in the horizontal axis.

I calibrated it in auto several times, and then was able to dial in 2.4 degrees of right, in the manual calibration mode. The camera still says -2 when re-centering, but it appears my adjustment worked, and the camera is actually straight now.

Just wondered if this is an issue? Maybe it’s a known thing, I’m new to DJI.

Has anyone else noticed this with their MA2 in particular? I have less than 10 hours, no crashes, no hard landings etc etc.

Thanks

Was just looking at my MA 2 and noticed the gimbal points slightly to the left. I noticed in double clicking the function button, when the camera re-centers it settles on -2 degrees in the horizontal axis.

I calibrated it in auto several times, and then was able to dial in 2.4 degrees of right, in the manual calibration mode. The camera still says -2 when re-centering, but it appears my adjustment worked, and the camera is actually straight now.

Just wondered if this is an issue? Maybe it’s a known thing, I’m new to DJI.

Has anyone else noticed this with their MA2 in particular? I have less than 10 hours, no crashes, no hard landings etc etc.

Thanks
Mine is always 1° left when it centers

You likely don't actually notice it, you only know because the numbers are visible.

Majority of the MA2 community favors slightly to the left... Got it ?

That’s just part of it then? Did anyone go into the manual cal and try to set their gimbal straight?

Thanks!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
It doesn't seem to be that noticeable flying the drone. When I line up the big white centering X at a landmark, the X doesnt wander flying forward straight at said landmark over a long distance as you would expect if it were off. You would expect the X to slowly drift right over a long distance. If its off I dont think its enough to notice.

While using my android phone, lg v40, I’ve been able to get the camera centered perfectly by touching the screen and scrolling right or left until top dead centered(TDC) is reached. Using my IPad mini 5 to adjust settings, I have not been able to get within +2/-2 degrees of TDC.

Mine too, -1 to the Left even if I recenter or manual calibrate the gimbal. Its not that noticeable when you take pictures or videos since its only a -1, or sometimes its -2 to the Left.. maybe DJI software update can fix this..

Also -1 to the left. Recalibrated gimbal multiple times and thought something was not right with the drone. Apparently this is normal and per design. I can if I want center it at 0 but it's not really a visual issue.

Guys u do know that u can go to "gimbal calibration" then choose "manual" and from there we'll let you alter the yaw axis.....which is what you guys need.....It will also let you mess with I think pitch axis? I'm not sure I wouldn't touch this because it will just change in flight anyways... So now whatever Side your gimbal is favoring tap opposite side to acquire as many degrees as you need. for example my buddies mavic air 2 needed 0.8 to the right side and now his gimbal is straight.... this is also a beautiful thing because it saves your setting for every flight! Remember don't do auto calibration you want manual this way you can adjust it and it will save for all flights! also scrolling your finger on the actual screen while in flight to get it center is hard and it will never stay in that position or survive a reboot.... at least going to manual cal it will always remember center.....to me its dji throwing an extra fix from the factory if you think about it lol they knew, I don't blame them it's probably super hard to get all of these calibrated perfectly from the factory. at least we have the choice to get it right.....good day fella's ....Thank me later!

Last edited:
Reactions: Max L
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22