DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal on the 3T move side to side

philztoy

Reactions
Does the gimbal on the 3T move side to side?

I just got one and am trying to figure everything out.

On other DJI models, if you long press and hold the screen, then drag your finger around, the gimbal should move with the speed of the finger drag.

You can try it while the aircraft is sitting on a table.

Just needs to be turned on, not flying.

Good luck.

Reactions: pspec and philztoy
Thanks I will try that.

Reactions: MA2 317
Did it work? I’ve had this same question since not ONE video on the intern shows this.
I haven't tried it yet. I will try to get to it and report. or maybe someone else has tried it. Most of the drones I have have one wheel for pitch and one for yaw of the camera.

That works up and down but not side to side. The right wheel is for zoom and that wheel can’t be assigned. I couldn’t find a setting for controlling camera yaw. But maybe I missed something.

Hello. I just got my 3T and pan did not work. Did you have any luck? I know they just released both drone and controller updates (3/2/23), but pan was not listed as a fix. Thanks

Nothing so far. I haven't flown it with the new firmware yet. Let me know if you find something. So far it is drone yaw pan for me.

Yep, it does NOT pan (latest firmware). Weird because if you press and hold, you get the vibration that you’re in the gimbal control mode AND it points left/right but doesn’t pan. It points up/down and of course the gimbal tilts up/down.

Perhaps it’ll be added later since the screen DOES show that you’re asking for left & right panning.

Reactions: philztoy
weird
Yep, it does NOT pan (latest firmware). Weird because if you press and hold, you get the vibration that you’re in the gimbal control mode AND it points left/right but doesn’t pan. It points up/down and of course the gimbal tilts up/down.

Perhaps it’ll be added later since the screen DOES show that you’re asking for left & right panning.
The gimbal seems to be pan capable. I haven't tried it with the new update yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just curious, is there a setting in the app for FPV or FOLLOW mode, or whatever it's called that may prevent panning via the screen?

My SPARK and MA2 had this option to allow the gimbal to swing as if flying an FPV drone.

Just a thought. 🤔

Reactions: philztoy
There is no setting for FPV vs Follow like on those other “cinematic” drones. There’s a custom button setup for THAT, but it does nothing. It says “Free Mode” when you hit it & then “Free Mode” again & again… nothing actually toggles and there is no difference in gimbal behavior.

I tested the heck out of panning left & right while tapping that JUST in case; but good suggestion anyway.

There isn’t even a white balance setting or option on this thing!

Reactions: MA2 317
There does seem to be a few missing in action features. Not sure why that is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy