DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overheated & whistling

nonodu540

Reactions
Hello everybody,

I have a mavic pro and I would like to take some nice videos today but after the flight I saw that my gimbal was a little bit drooping.
I restart my AC and i heard the gimbal motors who whisting and won't calibrate. I have a message who said Gimbal Overloaded..
When I calibrate it blocks at 5% or at 31% and I see that the gimbal had problems to moves but when the AC is off, nothing block the movements....
Other point is the temperature from my gimbal, I can't touch it because it's to hot....
Any ideas to resolve this ?

The screech is a warning sign. It's either a damaged gimbal ribbon or gimbal motor assembly. One of your gimbal motors is not finding center and thats what the noise is.

Any crashes?

BTW, I wouldnt fly it like that again. The heat and electrical problem could feed back and hurt another component up the line.

Thanks for yout help,
No crashes,
I will buy a new ribbon cable and test.
You think that the heat can break the ribbon cable ?
If it isn t the ribbon cable you preconise to change the arm with the 3 motors + lens ?
Do you have a link with some originals dji parts ?
Regards

You think that the heat can break the ribbon cable ?

Yes 100%. It sometimes acts as a circuit breaker that will protect your motor assembly and gimbal PCB by smoking or melting. The concern is then not the ribbon cable, it's what caused the ribbon cable to overload. Many times a damaged or defective motor assembly is the culprit and putting in a new ribbon will just give you an erratic gimbal. You can try a new ribbon and see what happens.

If it isn t the ribbon cable you preconise to change the arm with the 3 motors + lens ?

Not necessarily. A fried ribbon might destroy the motor assembly but almost never destroys the lens/camera barrel.

Thanks for the answers, If it doesn't work with the new ribbon cable, then I have to change the arm of the gimbal (I keep my lens + video cable) right ?

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580