DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload after crash

hamonrye

Reactions
I'm on vacation in Europe and crashed mavic into a tree and it fell to the ground about 20 feet. I have Care refresh but I would appreciate some help because I'm going to Sicily in 3 days and really want to use the mavic and can't get it returned in time for vacation videos. Gimbal seems to be sticking to the two tab bracket in front on startup. DJI Go app says gimbal no issues on startup on popup screen but gimbal overload when I close the pop up. Any help will be surely appreciated Video of startup is here Should I try and bend the tab bracket? Is it normal to have gimbal brush against the bracket? ThanksWIN_20170512_13_51_58_Pro.jpg

My guess is a loose flat ribbon connector on your pitch motor, or a torn flat ribbon cable. Youre not getting any pitch movement. Looks like you are getting yaw movement, but I couldnt tell from your video if you are getting camera roll movement.

Your picture is a little blurry, could you upload a new one?
Ok. Had to use surface camera which is horrible but at least it connects to wifi. I'll upload pix from my phone but it is taking awhile because I am stuck with 2G because my Pixel refuses to connect to my wifi. Friggin nightmare

1 of 3

Attachments

• 18447735_1671939936435970_1020088898_n.jpg
    18447735_1671939936435970_1020088898_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 32
It does look like the vibration dampening "bands" have been stretched out a little. However, I don't think that the vibration plate sticking to the tabs would have anything to do with the actual gimbal and would not cause an overload. I had a similar problem too after only a five foot drop, I think the gimbal had just been badly banged up in the crash-landing and was just done. As you have Refresh, I would just use it as is and don't worry about the overload, I mean DJI is just going to replace the cam/gimbal anyway so.... Sorry about your crash though :( hate to have that happen on vacation!
-CF

Fix that gimbal ribbon and you'll be fine. The mount plate bends easily back into shape

Fix that gimbal ribbon and you'll be fine. The mount plate bends easily back into shape[/QUO
It does look like the vibration dampening "bands" have been stretched out a little. However, I don't think that the vibration plate sticking to the tabs would have anything to do with the actual gimbal and would not cause an overload. I had a similar problem too after only a five foot drop, I think the gimbal had just been badly banged up in the crash-landing and was just done. As you have Refresh, I would just use it as is and don't worry about the overload, I mean DJI is just going to replace the cam/gimbal anyway so.... Sorry about your crash though :( hate to have that happen on vacation!
-CF
I can't move the gimbal with the controller and Mavic gets extremely hot and have seen it turn itself off after running several minutes. Not gonna chance flying it and have it turn itself off
Thanks for your reply

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S