DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal pitch speed problem

k0200679

Reactions
Hi.
Today I decided to tweak advanced gimbal speed settings and I came up with following problem.
My plan was to make my gimbal move normal speed in N mode, move fast in S mode and very-very slow(3°/s)
in C mode for smooth video clips.
What I discovered was:
When my drone is on the table, all three modes work as they should work according to my settings.
But If I start my motors and/or fly, gimbal pitch speed is exactly the same in all three modes. It seems that in all three modes, gimbal pitch speed is identical to normal mode.

Did someone encounter such a problem?
Or could someone test their gimbal pitch speed in different modes while mavic is on the table with motors switched off, and with motors switched on ?

Hi.
Today I decided to tweak advanced gimbal speed settings and I came up with following problem.
My plan was to make my gimbal move normal speed in N mode, move fast in S mode and very-very slow(3°/s)
What I discovered was:
When my drone is on the table, all three modes work as they should work according to my settings.
But If I start my motors and/or fly, gimbal pitch speed is exactly the same in all three modes. It seems that in all three modes, gimbal pitch speed is identical to normal mode.

Or could someone test their gimbal pitch speed in different modes while mavic is on the table with motors switched off, and with motors switched on ?
Oops I thought I was stupid, I tried to play with it this weekend too, I experienced this !! Then my wife told me I couldn’t continue my male games! But I will make sure of it because it was just suspicious that there is no change !!

Hope I understand the problem. You can't change settings unless the drone is powered on.

Something I have found is that some settings will not stay set unless you touch the blank screen to the left of the menu instead of the back button.

Something I have found is that some settings will not stay set unless you touch the blank screen to the left of the menu instead of the back button.
The Back button kicks you out of the Fly app to the Fly Home screen, which why it won't save the setting. The Confirm button also can't be used in the Fly app to do anything, when it should be programmed to acknowledge on screen Fly warnings without having to touch the screen. Poor programming!

The Back button kicks you out of the Fly app to the Fly Home screen, which why it won't save the setting. The Confirm button also can't be used in the Fly app to do anything, when it should be programmed to acknowledge on screen Fly warnings without having to touch the screen. Poor programming!
I am talking about the Fly app back button. The little < in the upper left. Just touch an empty part of the screen.

Hope I understand the problem. You can't change settings unless the drone is powered on.
No. I can change settings of gimbal speed for all three modes. And new settings work when drone is on the ground. But when drone is in the air, gimbal speed is the same in all three modes. When drone is back on the ground, gimbal speed are again different for all three modes

Hi.
What I discovered was:

I tested it!

The result is similar to me! There is so much difference that with a motorized Cine and Normal mod equal, sport mode is faster!

Whatever I say, it works with the engine off the desktop, it doesn't work during the flight :(

Reactions: k0200679
I tested it!

The result is similar to me! There is so much difference that with a motorized Cine and Normal mod equal, sport mode is faster!

Whatever I say, it works with the engine off the desktop, it doesn't work during the flight :(
Yep. Actualy I made more tests today and what I found is that in sports mode, everything works as it should on the ground and up in the air. Concering the Cine mode and Normal mode, while on the ground they behave differently, but up in the air C mode just copies N mode behavour. And I mean both pitch spead and pitch smoothness

Reactions: Mokus
Yep. Actualy I made more tests today and what I found is that in sports mode, everything works as it should on the ground and up in the air. Concering the Cine mode and Normal mode, while on the ground they behave differently, but up in the air C mode just copies N mode behavour. And I mean both pitch spead and pitch smoothness
Exactly this !! :( :( :(

Could more users confirm this bug?
By the way, does DJI read this. I mean, what are chances that they see this and fix in next firmware?

Could more users confirm this bug?
By the way, does DJI read this. I mean, what are chances that they see this and fix in next firmware?
This is not the place to report bugs for DJI to see and fix. It's helpful to gather other user data, but DJI doesn't read anything here. Report suspected bugs directly to DJI.

I flew today, now it works properly !! I haven’t done anything since it wasn’t good. I just put the bird away, now I took it out and see a miracle, everything is okay!

That’s not quite okay, because I don’t know what caused the previous problem. And if there is no explanation, there is no guarantee of when it will be again!

Same results with mine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest