DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal points down after switching on

Chamber39

Reactions
I recently had an issue with the gimbal not initializing properly. Would initialize when turned on the side. Tried a gimbal calibration which failed but the gimbal then will initialize with the gimbal pointing down, not forward. Still only when the mavic is turned on the side's
Replaced the gimbal cable and it now initializes when upright but the gimbal still points down.
So the gimbal calibration is out by 90 degrees and I can't fix it.
Any ideas?

It had been working well but the problem started after traveling with it for a while. Bumping around on flights maybe. The gimbal actually appears to be working normally, other than the fact it is now out by 90 degrees.
It was initializing in the correct position prior to trying to re calibrate it. Tried re calibrating, firmware rollback, factory reset. Still points down. I can tilt the gimbal normally with the wheel, but it is the wrong position.

When flying, the image is still stabilised, however, when I pan, the gimbal is trying to compensate and moves strangely.

Your motor assembly could be bad
A fair chance. Not sure if it's the motor assembly or perhaps the control board. Is there any way, other than calibration, to reset the gimbal. It's like it has a memory.
When I try and calibrate it the camera tilts up from pointing straight down may be 45 degrees, (doesn't travel all the way up past centre) and then all the way back, to it hits the end of travel. Just like it thinks the gimbal is 90 degrees further around.
I think next step is to replace the gimbal and see. Just concerned I'll have the same error with the new gimbal.
Thanks for your assistance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242