DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal position when powered off

acdraindrps

Reactions
Quick question here: I notice my zoom gimbal moves to the position in the following picture 100% of the time while the drone is not powered on. Even when I center it to put the gimbal cover on, the second the cover is removed the gimbal will slowly **** to the right. Aside from being a little shakey during it's limit travel test on power up, the gimbal seems to work as it should while under power. I just wanted to see if this is normal behavior, as I would think it's default position when powered on would be [relatively] straight forward.

Thanks in advance, guys. SmartSelect_20190911-022834_Gallery.jpg

I think if it's working fine and levels itself when powered on, then it's nothing to worry about. gimbal motors are giving no resistance when they're off so it can move freely all around. Important is to fix it for transportation.

When powered on, it should do auto calibration by moving around in all three axis and then stabilize itself straight ahead just like yours does.

All looks okay to me. As @monty.roman noted, the gimbal moves freely when powered off, so it's possible (and okay) for it to be pointing in any direction.

I think if it's working fine and levels itself when powered on, then it's nothing to worry about. gimbal motors are giving no resistance when they're off so it can move freely all around. Important is to fix it for transportation.

When powered on, it should do auto calibration by moving around in all three axis and then stabilize itself straight ahead just like yours does.
A follow-up question. When turned off, my mini 2 gimble levels itself when I push it up or down from the right side, but don't quite so when I push it from the left side. When turned on, the horizon is unlevel (as if the camera is tilted to the left a bit), the calibration doesn't help. What may be the issue here?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom