DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problem

ioannisg

Reactions
Hello. Sometimes suddenly when I start flying and go straight ahead with full throttle and then stop I see a strange problem in the gimbal.
For some seconds it goes up down and I can't control it. No error in app. After a while everything ok.
Tried all calibrations with success
Please see example videos:

The video is short because it stops recording.
It is exactly like this but I don't lose settings.
I contacted support. They said that it is common problem and must be replaced. So I sent it to dji and waiting for new one.
I will update when I receive it

I would say roll the dice but it's more like flip a coin. Flip a coin that the refurbished drone they send you won't have the same problem. (Have heard many instances of DJI sending another drone with the exact same problem.)

Reactions: Vilco
I would say roll the dice but it's more like flip a coin. Flip a coin that the refurbished drone they send you won't have the same problem. (Have heard many instances of DJI sending another drone with the exact same problem.)
You are right!
I sent to support exactly this things you wrote.
The support guy replied that they know the problem and the aircrafts they send from repair are without this problem. Also he mentioned that if I leave it like this probably I will have serious hardware problem. As I understood it has something to do with the temperature of the aircraft. So I send it.
We will see when I get it back

The video is short because it stops recording.
It is exactly like this but I don't lose settings.
I contacted support. They said that it is common problem and must be replaced. So I sent it to dji and waiting for new one.
I will update when I receive it
The whole Mavic or just the Gimbal needs to be replaced?

Today's update:
Repair completed very soon. They changed the gimbal control board as I saw in the invoice.
Mavic is on warranty so I didn't pay anything.
See these pics:
I have to say that in my case their support was excellent. Until now of course. Still waiting the mavic to see if it is working fine. But their did the work the same day. They received the aircraft and the day after they repaired and shipped with no delays.

I've heard that their support isn't good enough. In my case I have to say it again was excellent.

I will update when I receive the aircraft next Wednesday.

Hello,

Please look at this video. My gimbal is skiping in pitch, when I'm fast flying or fast accelerating.

4th sec (big skip)
9th sec (small skip)
11th sec (small skip)

Today's update:
Repair completed very soon. They changed the gimbal control board as I saw in the invoice.
Mavic is on warranty so I didn't pay anything.
See these pics:
I have to say that in my case their support was excellent. Until now of course. Still waiting the mavic to see if it is working fine. But their did the work the same day. They received the aircraft and the day after they repaired and shipped with no delays.

I've heard that their support isn't good enough. In my case I have to say it again was excellent.

I will update when I receive the aircraft next Wednesday.
What the invoice says means nothing. Mine showed they replaced camera and gimbal, instead they just sent a used Mavic with same problem. Sent it back, this time said nothing and they sent a new Mavic, under warranty.

What the invoice says means nothing. Mine showed they replaced camera and gimbal, instead they just sent a used Mavic with same problem. Sent it back, this time said nothing and they sent a new Mavic, under warranty.
That's why I said I will check the serial when it comes. I don't know what they have done....How did you see that your mavic was used?

That's why I said I will check the serial when it comes. I don't know what they have done....How did you see that your mavic was used?
It arrived with no protective stickers on, already had a Device Name, no introductory screens in Go App when first connecting, plus a build date of Feb. 17th. Maybe they swapped our rejects? Who knows? :)

It arrived with no protective stickers on, already had a Device Name, no introductory screens in Go App when first connecting, plus a build date of Feb. 17th. Maybe they swapped our rejects? Who knows? :)
Did you noticed in serial a letter R?
Also the controller worked or you manually connected it?

Did you noticed in serial a letter R?
Also the controller worked or you manually connected it?
Yes, the first replacement one had an "R" in the s/n. The new one does not. Both times had to re-link the controller. On that first replacement also had to do all of the calibrations...gimbal, imu, compass and vision positioning system (3 times before it worked). And they said they tested it? Hmm. Got the same controller back each time.

Reactions: ioannisg
Yes, the first replacement one had an "R" in the s/n. The new one does not. Both times had to re-link the controller. On that first replacement also had to do all of the calibrations...gimbal, imu, compass and vision positioning system (3 times before it worked). And they said they tested it? Hmm. Got the same controller back each time.
Understood. I'll update when mine returns

Today I received my Mavic from repair. It seems new. All stickers are like new and no scratch or dust inside the package.
Serial checked and it is different that my previous Mavic without the letter R.
I think it is new and not refurbish.
Will update after first flight

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know I experienced the same "motor overload" and gimbal obstruction error, with the gimbal bouncing up and down uncontrollably. This started happening after I changed the battery after a perfectly normal flight.
I sent it back to DJI and they said that this wasn't covered under warranty and requested $230 for the repair.
I responded that they need to tell me why this isn't covered under warranty - what did I do to cause this? It should still be under warranty and I don't know of anything I did to cause this. They responded by stating simply "we've changed the status to be covered under warranty and you can expect repairs to be completed within the next three to six days."
I've yet to see if they send my drone back or a refurbished one. Anyways, just beware, I'm not happy with support on this. They were ready to take my money until I asked details about it.

Reactions: Path Finder
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know I experienced the same "motor overload" and gimbal obstruction error, with the gimbal bouncing up and down uncontrollably. This started happening after I changed the battery after a perfectly normal flight.
I sent it back to DJI and they said that this wasn't covered under warranty and requested $230 for the repair.
I responded that they need to tell me why this isn't covered under warranty - what did I do to cause this? It should still be under warranty and I don't know of anything I did to cause this. They responded by stating simply "we've changed the status to be covered under warranty and you can expect repairs to be completed within the next three to six days."
I've yet to see if they send my drone back or a refurbished one. Anyways, just beware, I'm not happy with support on this. They were ready to take my money until I asked details about it.

I have exactly the same Gimbal Problem you have, my Mavic is 4 days old and now in the process of being returned for repair, will be interesting to see if they try to charge me for the repair. AFAIC, failing only after 4 days of purchasing the Mavic, it should be covered under my 14 day return policy from the store I bought it from. All seems to be a bit of a grey area

My brand new Mavic had a horrendous gimbal skipping problem worse than this and was replaced by the retailer under 14 days. My new one has developed a tilted horizon and slow pan issue despite doing all the troubleshooting and calibrations and being treated like a precious jewel. Very frustrating and I must say DJI are far from good with support.

Reactions: UAVXTC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22