DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yonkers

Reactions
I have inherited a Mavic Pro from a friend who bought a new mavic after his got stepped on.

Everything works except the gimbal. (Including the camera). I have replaced the ribbon cable to no avail.

If you were in my position would you rather buy the gimbal with camera and no vibration plate for $100 or purchase the whole rig from DJI for $289

*Error code is reading to much load on camera*

Last edited:
Spell check strikes again.

Question. Is your vibration board still usable?
pictures?

Spell check strikes again.

Question. Is your vibration board still usable?
pictures?
After I removed it nothing was out of whack and the rubber bands were still in great shape... I am considering buying the whole rig simply because I can rest assured I am replacing all potential components, but I didn't want to be ignorant and wanted to hear from the mavic community if i'm over paying for a rather simple problem... I am away from my mavic now but I will post a pic tonight. thanks for the reply.

As the camera feed is ok I would look at getting just a gimbel, can be had on Amazon (UK anyway) quite cheap

The stranded cable is for the camera data while the ribbon is for all gimbal motor functions. If you replaced the ribbon cable already and it still does not move then either the gimbal motor(s) are fried, the new cable was also faulty or the gimbal board is faulty.

If cost is no issue then go for the whole package. If you want to be lean, get a new gimbal assembly first then a gimbal board only if there is still no life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3