DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Repair - NOOB WARNING

amsgh

Reactions
Gents,

My drone finally crashed at the hands of my friend (doh!)
Did a little bit of research and i think if i buy the 2 below items i might be able to repair it. Attached/below are pictures of what broke and what i plan to buy and fix it with.
I think i need a new camera arm/body to fix cracked piece in picture. Transmission ribbon cable seems to be missing a strand so I'm buying a new one for that. Lastly i cant seem to find the part # for the bracket that screws the camera assembly to the vibration absorbing board. Can someone help me with this?

Original Disassemble Spare Parts Gimbal Camera Arm with Flat Cable for DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter

GinTai New PTZ RC589 1/5/10PC Camera Signal Line Transmission Line Flat Cable Replacement for DJI Mavic Pro

IMG_1460.jpgIMG_1461.jpgIMG_1462.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_20190727_222424.jpg

Not sure even if reassembled the gimbal will work. A lot of times there errors like gimbal overload. Dji doesn’t like crashes hence sometimes after replacing parts it still doesn’t work.
I do have screws for all drones @$1 each.
However if you prefer I can sell you the whole camera for 229 or you can send it in and We can do the gimbal swap for you @249 (forum price)

Reactions: Bobvt
We almost never replace the full camera gimbal as we manage to repair them without doing a full replacement. It is likely you will not need to replace the full gimbal if a ribbon cable, PTZ cable, and gimbal mounting plate is properly installed. Feel free to submit a repair ticket and we are happy to help! Contact Us | Seattle Drone Repair

Reactions: jcw_surf
Too late for this, but when you let friends fly your Drone, keep your Gimbal Cover on.

We almost never replace the full camera gimbal as we manage to repair them without doing a full replacement. It is likely you will not need to replace the full gimbal if a ribbon cable, PTZ cable, and gimbal mounting plate is properly installed. Feel free to submit a repair ticket and we are happy to help! Contact Us | Seattle Drone Repair

Would you be able to provide me part #'s at no cost? I'd like to perform the repair myself.

Mines torn down for second time in a week. Lol. I'd replace the gimbal ribbon, the video cable and the board. Sounds like u already got all that order. I replaced the ribbon and it worked first time. Then he slammed the grass hard and Im replacing the snapped ribbon again and the vibration board. The board has everything u need. It was $10 on Amazon 1 day shipping. Waiting for it to show now. Good luck. Watch the videos and follow step by step shouldn't be a problem
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190729135309353_COVER.jpeg

Mines torn down for second time in a week. Lol. I'd replace the gimbal ribbon, the video cable and the board. Sounds like u already got all that order. I replaced the ribbon and it worked first time. Then he slammed the grass hard and Im replacing the snapped ribbon again and the vibration board. The board has everything u need. It was $10 on Amazon 1 day shipping. Waiting for it to show now. Good luck. Watch the videos and follow step by step shouldn't be a problem

Dude you have been the most help so far thank you. I was a little sceptical of the vibration board order because the images only show the base of it with the screw holes. But looking at my drone gimbal more closely the piece that broke is part of the vibration board that i circled below. So the 1st 2 parts i listed + this vibration board should be everything i need.

Shame that other people on here are trying to make a buck on us... Figured this forum was like XDA where everybody helps everybody... for free... Cheers!

Dude you have been the most help so far thank you. I was a little sceptical of the vibration board order because the images only show the base of it with the screw holes. But looking at my drone gimbal more closely the piece that broke is part of the vibration board that i circled below. So the 1st 2 parts i listed + this vibration board should be everything i need.

Shame that other people on here are trying to make a buck on us... Figured this forum was like XDA where everybody helps everybody... for free... Cheers!

View attachment 78539
HMU if u need anyhelp. The ribbon can be tricky a bit first time but watch the videos on YouTube. Watch a couple different ones all the way through. Unlike me who thought I could watch 2 min and knew what to do. Lol. And the other guys just trying to make a buck can't buck but this is easy although if someone local would of offerd to do it for 40 bucks I would of took em up. I just want my drone asap. I even bought another ribbon cheaper delivery tomorrow for the next time. They take a beating and should for the money. My camera is bent and scratched bit the lens good and it works. The rest adds character. Lol. Enjoy flying brother.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser