DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal reset?

Nathanmot

Reactions
Has anyone had their camera gimbel reset mid flight. I've seen posts from a few months ago but no update recently. I have all the latest firmware installed and it happened to me today. I know in Aug? There was a update regarding the gimbal but it's still happening.

Should I not fly it or return it?

try to update to the lastest firmware and re-calibrate everythings( first IMU, then Compass, then gimbal).

Nathanmot, see if you can pay attention to when your Mavic is resetting. I record in 4K and my Mavic resets at the video switch-over at the 9:04/9:05 mark maybe about 10% of the time.. Another 2% of the time is just random resets that occur when I'm trying to video something particularly interesting :p

I have found if I stop recording then start recording again before I reach the switch-over point, it keeps me from having to deal with it.. But I can't ever remember to do it.

Reactions: Nathanmot
Hey guys, I'm having the same issues usually around the 9 minute mark recording in 4K. I received my mavic pro on Oct 4th, 2017. Has anyone figured out a solution for this issue without having to send it in to DJI? First time it happened it scared the crap out of me because I thought it was going down. I emailed DJI and the response was to upgrade the software and re-calibrate everything. I flew this morning in 1080p and nothing happened. Someone on the forum said that may fix the problem. Thanks

Happened again this morning. Camera was set on auto and at 1080. Pushed record for the first time today and bam reset. It was right in front of me and I brought it in and watched it happen. Lasted about 20 sec and everything was normal. Sd card was empty.

Update: I forgot to add I did a gimbal cal also and I've never been in a crash or had any other problems with the mavic or the gimbal. I am and have been fully up to date on everything also. It has happened with 2 different branded and size memory cards as well.

Last edited:
Happened again this morning. Camera was set on auto and at 1080. Pushed record for the first time today and bam reset. It was right in front of me and I brought it in and watched it happen. Lasted about 20 sec and everything was normal. Sd card was empty.
I just finished flying in 4k/30 fps and nothing happened. had 2 nine minutes 4 k videos on the SD card. I really wish someone would figure this problem out and then share the fix for it.

Here is a screen recording of my gimbal reset mid flight.
looks like you are flying through some type of magnetic interference. My screen doesn't go blank when it resets and most of my resets happen at the 9 minute mark recording in 4 k.

Hi, glad to find the post, same issue, here, mavic 8 months 20 flights max, always updated with latest firmware, guibal reset in august, thought it was going down, record stopped. got the same issue few days ago with different software obviously. never crashed, concerned with this problem!! thinking of sending it back to get something functional!. also i got (as it was the case with phantom 3) random video feed disconnection! relaunching the app usually get the video feed back.
far than annoying!
to solution as far, don't really believe in the reseting, DJI should release a communication for common issue, reporting several times.
Edouard, Paris france

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll