DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal stabilization went wonky mid flight- Fine after restart. Any idea?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I did an early morning mission today. All was well until, while the M2P was in RTH mode and decending, the picture started shaking spontaenously for no apparent reason at the end of the flight segment. I saw it on my phone's screen and restarted it after landing. I was hoping that a shutdown→restart would solve the problem and seems to have. In other words, the picture was smooth and stable until the last one minute of flight as I was bringing the drone down. Upon restart and subsequent flight segments no issues.

What does gimbal recalibration do? Would it be recommended?

I did an early morning mission today. All was well until, while the M2P was in RTH mode and decending, the picture started shaking spontaenously for no apparent reason at the end of the flight segment. I saw it on my phone's screen and restarted it after landing. I was hoping that a shutdown→restart would solve the problem and seems to have. In other words, the picture was smooth and stable until the last one minute of flight as I was bringing the drone down. Upon restart and subsequent flight segments no issues.

What does gimbal recalibration do? Would it be recommended?

The same happened to me recently descending low over a field of sugar beet. I believe in my case the moving reflections of the large glossy leafs in the wind was creating an issue with the downward facing sensors and causing an erratic wobble of the AC, which the gimbal struggled to counteract.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s