DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal status n/a

lilljonis

Reactions
Hi,

So I accidentally crashed the drone. Directly after the camera feed went black and the gimbal did not respond. I opened the gimbal it up and the ribbon was broken.

Replaced that but now it says in the go 4 app, Gimbal status n/a. No video, no gimbal reaction when startup or when trying with the remote.

Tried to to an calibration but it gets stuck on 2/5.

Is the motherboard broken or what can it be?

Thanks,

I was just about to post about a similar problem, I have similar issue, no video, gimbal status N/A. (also after a crash, but by previous owner)

I also have an air encoder error and sometimes get a fwd sensor error. It all seems to be linked to the camera control board.

My gimbal still moves (quite violently slaps about during start up and occasionally thereafter).

I can't see how to run a gimbal cal, but I suspect we might have a similar fault.

Maybe it could be the same thing. But I don't get any error messages except that gimbal status is n/a. And it is completely dead. No movement no video nothing..

Hi. I just bought a cheap secondhand mavic pro M1P with a few defects and ran into these issues:
-Gimbal status N/A in the app (and no gimbal menu)
-SD card undetected by RC and app (still mounts on my computer using USB even when undetected) not related to SD card itself, I've tried several, and they work on cameras an on a phantom 3.
The fan was not working when I bought the drone. I fixed it by swapping it with a new fan AND a factory reset. Hardware swap only was not enough.
I noticed now that gimbal status is OK (I can see gimbal menu, options, and calibration) and SD card is detected when the system is cold, and stop responding when it gets hot (the fan turns on). It's definitely related to that.

What is your opinion, how can I narrow down the problem ?
-As the gimbal is usually detected when the drone hasn't been turned on for a few hours, should I disconnect one of the ribbons in order to see if it's the cause of the problem ?
-I've found quite a few videos and reverse engineering pages, but nothing so far regarding gimbal management. Is there a shell script that I could run on adb console that cold tell me more ? Is there a functional diagrams somewhere that could help me understand what's wrong ? The gimbal initializes properly, and I can do tilt/pan from the RC.
-Is there something I can learn from system logs ?
-Can there be weak solder joints due to overheating before fan was fixed ?

-SD card being not detected is not correlated with gimbal menu not detected, as the gimbal issue happens also without any SD.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme