DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal swap Zoom to Pro

Reactions
Hello, hope everyone is doing as best they can. I swapped the zoom for the Pro gimbal (easy). Started the AC, auto calibrated gimbal, calibrated compass and then I flew. Horizontal drift and tilt in both video and photo. Adjusted in-flight but it always resorted back to tiltville. Ordered a replacement, swapped and works fine but I have gotten the "inconsistent firmware" and was wondering how I would know if it is for a battery, controller etc. or is it because of the gimbal? I would hate to change firmware each time I swapped the gimbal.

I learned a lot during this swap and I appreciate all of you.

Paul

it might be the gimbal is on a lower FW version. with the pro gimbal install the latest FW then proceed with repeating for each battery you own. should be good to go after

Hello, hope everyone is doing as best they can. I swapped the zoom for the Pro gimbal (easy). Started the AC, auto calibrated gimbal, calibrated compass and then I flew. Horizontal drift and tilt in both video and photo. Adjusted in-flight but it always resorted back to tiltville. Ordered a replacement, swapped and works fine but I have gotten the "inconsistent firmware" and was wondering how I would know if it is for a battery, controller etc. or is it because of the gimbal? I would hate to change firmware each time I swapped the gimbal.

Paul
I have thought of doing this myself. Do you mind sharing the purchase detailsa of your Pro camera?

I have thought of doing this myself. Do you mind sharing the purchase detailsa of your Pro camera?

I bought mine on Amazon after looking at others and decided it was the safest avenue to go to for returns it was roughly $737 and it takes about six screws and maybe 10 minutes to swap out.

Reactions: TreeHugger
One of the 6 screws is likely to be covered by an all but invisible plastic anti tamper plug

Reactions: TreeHugger

Paul
Paul,
If you do some searching there is a calibration that can be done with python when doing a gimbal/camera swap. Python is an open source programming language. It will fix the problems you have experienced but its 50/50 when it comes to the incorrect version message you get which will not affect performance

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61